Ever wondered what our President might have done before he was elected President of the United States? Or what his favorite meal is? Well we have it all here!
President Obama is known for his strong leadership skills and his ability to talk a crowd into change, but there’s a lot about him that we don’t know. Yes, we know about his loving family and that he was raised in Indonesia, but did you know that President Obama collects Spider-Man and Conan the Barbarian comic books?
We’ve provided you with a list of 30 things you may not have known about the popular leader.
- He ate dog meat, snake meat, and roasted grasshopper when he lived in Indonesia.
- He was known as “O’Bomber” at high school for his skill at basketball
- He says his favorite children’s book is “Where the Wild Things Are.”
- He has read every Harry Potter book
- He can speak Spanish
- His favorite drink is black forest berry iced tea
- His father grew up herding goats.
- He used to drive a Chrysler 300m.
- He owns several Bob Marley albums.
- He has seven half-brothers and sisters in Kenya from his father’s other marriages.
- He can bench press 200 pounds.
- He and Michelle made $4.2 million (£2.7 million) last year, with much coming from sales of his books
- His favorite music includes Miles Davis, Bob Dylan, Bach and The Fugees
- He doesn’t drink coffee and rarely drinks alcohol
- He was mentored by Harvard Professor Charles Ogletree who was also the lawyer for rappers Tupac and Shyne.
- His favorite meal is wife Michelle’s shrimp linguini.
- Some of his maternal ancestors were slave owners.
- He wrote a children’s book “Of Thee I Sing.”
- He has a beer named after him in Kenya.
- As a teenager he took drugs including marijuana and cocaine
- He uses an Apple Mac laptop
- He owns four identical pairs of black size 11 shoes
- He was nicknamed “Bar” by his late grandmother
- His speciality as a cook is chilli
- He keeps on his desk a carving of a wooden hand holding an egg, a Kenyan symbol of the fragility of life
- He was given the code name “Renegade” by his Secret Service handlers
- He promised Michelle he would quit smoking before running for president – he didn’t
- His favorite snacks are chocolate-peanut protein bars
- He worked in a Baskin-Robbins ice cream shop as a teenager and now can’t stand ice cream
- He is left-handed – the sixth post-war president to be left-handed
Originally seen on http://wzakcleveland.com/