Los Angeles — Roger Ebert apologized Thursday after facing heated criticism for using the n-word in a tweet on Wednesday.
The famed film critic used the word in a Wednesday tweet that linked to a story about the removal of the n-word from a recent version of “Huckleberry Finn.” The word has been replaced by “slave,” a fact Ebert referenced in the tweet:
“I’d rather be called a [N-word] than a Slave. http://bit.ly/hr7Ti8,” he tweeted.
Ebert’s use of the word prompted a fierce backlash on Twitter. Some pointed out that, as a white man, Ebert is unlikely to be called either word.
On Thursday, Ebert posted another tweet, apologizing and linking to a blog post criticizing him:
“You know, this is very true. I’ll never be called a [N-word] *or* a Slave, so I should have shut the **** up.”
- Radio One Family Comedy Tour – Jan. 14th
- “Lord Help Us!” The Worst Mother In The World!
- Where Are the Stars of ‘A Different World’ Now?
- Basketball Wives Season 2: Tami Cat Fight w/ Jennifer Williams [Video Preview]
- BUSTED: T.I. & Tiny Caught in the Act… in Jail!
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend Because of Facebook
- Oprah Presents “Master Class” Starring Rapper Jay-Z [VIDEO]
- The Surprising Trait Men Find Attractive
- Before his collapse, Berry was complaining, cutting songs short
- Vivica A. Fox Is Engaged!
Mississippi Cops Beat, Waterboarded Handcuffed Black Men, Shot 1 For ‘Dating White Women’: Lawyers
Submit A Black Owned Business For Buy Black Cleveland!
‘Get Out Of The Country’: Video Shows Black Man Kicked Out Of School CRT Meeting As ‘Racist Woman’ Stays
University Of Kentucky ‘Karen’ Pleads Not Guilty To Racist Attack On Black Student Despite Video Evidence
Actor Carl Payne’s Wife Melika Files for Divorce
Khloe Kardashian Has Different Father than Sisters...???
NewsTalk 1490 Radio Mobile Apps
Gary’s Tea: T.J. Holmes & Amy Robach Struggle to Return to Air [LISTEN]