New York University had to pay a former employee $210,000 after his boss repeatedly called him “Monkey And Gorilla.” Osei Agyemang worked in the mailroom at the library from 2007 to 2009. He says his boss continuously made racial slurs and comments that were offensive to the native of Ghana.
The boss mocked the immigrant’s accent as “gibberish,” offered him a banana and told him “go back to your cage” and “go back to the jungle,” according to a September 2010 suit filed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
The lawsuit also accused NYU of ignoring Agyemang’s complaints about the stinging insults made while he worked in the library.
He did get a transfer and the boss isn’t working there anymore but NYU was still responsible for the damage done.
NYU spokesman John Beckman said, “Such behavior is extremely rare here, and totally at odds with the spirit of diversity and tolerance for which NYU is rightly known.”
- Celebrities We’d Like to See Without Their Weaves [PHOTOS]
- Food Network’s ‘Restaurant: Impossible’ Comes To Strongsville’s Mad Cactus
- Police: Drugs Found On Deceased Megachurch Pastor
- Fire Crews Respond To Fire At Parma Heights Bowling Alley
- Get a FREE Smartphone!
- 4 Pastors Arrested For Unthinkable Crimes
- Teen Arrested In Wisc. Flash Mob Attack; City Blames Black Families
- Could Cornel West’s Obama Attacks Could Affect 2012 Election?
- IT’S FREE: Get A Free SmartPhone In One Click
- Warren Buffett: Stop Coddling The Super-Rich
- [ione-gallery id=”521562″ src=”http://newsone.com”%5D