A toddler’s arm was ripped off by a washing machine after he managed to open the door while it was in mid-cycle. Lewis Wrench, who just turned three years old, wandered into the kitchen and was able to open the door of the front-loading unit while it was still running and reach inside.
His mother, 24 year old Rachel, was in the living room when she heard her son’s screams. The mother-of-four found him covered in blood with his arm still inside the machine.
The boy was rushed to Alder Hey Children’s Hospital in Liverpool but doctors were not able to save the arm, which was torn off just below his shoulder. OMG!
Wrench said: ‘When I asked him about what had happened he said ”I opened the door and went round and round and then my arm fell off”’.’
‘When I rushed in, the machine was still going. I switched it off and scooped him up and ran screaming to my neighbors.”
The little boy may have to undergo further surgery and will eventually be fitted with a prosthetic arm. Friends and family have organized fundraising events for him. His mother said: ‘He’d love to go to Disneyland and we’ll need to buy specialist equipment for Lewis.’
Does the maker of the washing machine play a part in this…shouldn’t the thing have turned off when the boy opened the door?
Most Recent News
- Newly Signed Bad Boy Artist Machine Gun Kelly Trashes P Diddy’s Crib [AUDIO]
- Who’d You Rather …? Ciara, Sanaa & Gabby Go Glam For Charity: Who Looked Best? [PHOTO]
- BREAKING NEWS: Rick Ross Has A Seizure, Currently Unconscious/ Dead?!
- Mary J. Blige Goes Into A Fur Frenzy In Elle Magazine [PHOTOS]
- Beyonce Baby Bump Watch [PHOTOS]