Macy’s will offer sales and, for the first time, midnight store openings across the country (12 a.m. Friday, Nov. 25; the midnight of Thanksgiving night) to kick off the 2011 holiday shopping season.
“Macy’s Black Friday specials offer customers extraordinary savings on this season’s most sought-after gifts,” said Terry Lundgren, chairman, president and chief executive officer of Macy’s, Inc. “This year, in response to our customers’ eagerness to shop early for great deals, Macy’s stores across the country will open for the first time at midnight following Thanksgiving, giving customers the opportunity to get a head start on our extraordinary Black Friday deals.”
Macy’s offered BMS an early sneak peek at some of the Black Friday specials:
1. 50 PERCENT OFF SHARPER IMAGE IPHONE/IPOD DOCKING STATIONS
2. $19.99 RAMPAGE BOOTS
3. $99.99 KENNETH COLE NY & NAUTICA OVERCOATS
4. WITH ANY $65 FRAGRANCE PURCHASE, RECEIVE A DIGITAL VIDEO CAMERA FREE
(ONE PER CUSTOMER, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST)
5. BUY ONE AMERICAN RAG SWEATER ($34-$49), GET ONE AMERICAN RAG PAIR OF
6. EXTRA 20 PERCENT OFF DRESSES
7. $199 1/2 CT DIAMOND STUDS IN 14K WHITE GOLD
8. $79.99 DESIGNER DOWN COAT FROM DKNY, LAUNDRY, CALVIN KLEIN AND MORE
9. $99.99 YOUNG CONTEMPORARY WOOL COAT FROM ESPRIT, STEVE MADDEN AND
10. $16.99 PUFFER JACKET (BOYS 2-20, GIRLS 2-16, INFANTS)
11. 40 PERCENT OFF SELECT REGULAR PRICE COFFEE MAKERS, TEA KETTLES AND
12. $68.99 CUISINART 7-CUP FOOD PROCESSOR
13. $179.99 KITCHENAID CLASSIC STAND MIXER (AFTER $20 MAIL-IN-REBATE)
14. $49.99 TAG FAIRFIELD 5-PIECE LUGGAGE SET
15. $65 JUSTIN BIEBER LIMITED-EDITION HOLIDAY FRAGRANCE GIFT SET
(INCLUDES 3.4 OZ. EAU DE PARFUM SPRAY AND JUSTIN BIEBER’S NEW
HOLIDAY CD WITH AN EXCLUSIVE DOWNLOADABLE BONUS TRACK. ALSO,
RECEIVE A FREE SCENTED POSTER, WHILE SUPPLIES LAST.) PLUS, MACY’S
WILL DONATE $2 FROM EVERY PURCHASE TO THE MAKE-A-WISH FOUNDATION,
UP TO $100,000.
Target is also jumping on the midnight train! It will launch its Black Friday sales earlier this year, opening its stores at midnight on Nov. 25.
In previous years, Target opened for the post-Thanksgiving retail blitz at 4 a.m.
Target will allow only a few dozen people into the store every 20 seconds or so. The store is also adding crowd-management workers and offering store maps to shoppers so they know where they want to go.
The goal is to avoid a stampede like one that happened at a New York Walmart in 2008, when a worker was trampled by shoppers.
Will you be there at midnight?