Cavaliers center, Anderson Varejao, is being treated at the Cleveland Clinic for a blood clot.
Varejao was admitted to the Clinic on January 17 after developing the clot in his lung. He is being treated with blood thinners and is expected to remain at the Clinic for several days.
He is expected to fully recover but is out for the remainder of the Cavaliers season. He is expected to be on the blood thinners for about three months.
“Clearly our players’ health is our top concern and we are disappointed for Anderson, and his family. We know what a competitor he is and how much he wants to be on the court helping his teammates. In the meantime, he has our full support and we look forward to welcoming him back as he recovers, said General Manager Chris Grant.
Varejao underwent surgery on January 10 to repair a torn leg muscle.
The 30-year-old missed the final half of the season last year with a broken wrist.
article courtesy of Wkyc.com
- America’s First Family PHOTOS!!!
- Malia & Sasha Take The Best Selfie…EVER! (PHOTOS)
- EXCLUSIVE: Kurt Carr Talks New CD Project And MORE On The YAMS!!
- EXCLUSIVE” Dr Creflo A Dollar On The Yolanda Adams Morning Show
- Obama Girls To Hit Teen Milestones In White House
PHOTOS: 2013 Stellar Awards
1. Dr Marvin Sapp and FamilySource: 1 of 14
2. Bishop Paul S MortonSource: 2 of 14
3. Kirk,Mary Mary Marvin Sapp on StageSource: 3 of 14
4. Dr Andre Crouch,Don JacksonSource: 4 of 14
5. Alexis SpeightSource: 5 of 14
6. Dorinda Clark-ColeSource: 6 of 14
7. Bishop Rance Allen and Dr Marvin SappSource: 7 of 14
8. Byron CageSource: 8 of 14
9. Pastor Donnie McClurkin and Tina CampbellSource: 9 of 14
10. Dr Bobby Jones..Bishop T.D. Jakes and James FortuneSource: 10 of 14
11. VaShawn MitchellSource: 11 of 14
12. Mary Mary and Kirk FranklinSource: 12 of 14
13. Pastor Marvin WinansSource: 13 of 14
14. marymary-on-stageSource: 14 of 14
Breaking News: Cavaliers Varejao Develops Blood Clot, Out For Season was originally published on praisecleveland.com