Cavaliers center, Anderson Varejao, is being treated at the Cleveland Clinic for a blood clot.
Varejao was admitted to the Clinic on January 17 after developing the clot in his lung. He is being treated with blood thinners and is expected to remain at the Clinic for several days.
He is expected to fully recover but is out for the remainder of the Cavaliers season. He is expected to be on the blood thinners for about three months.
“Clearly our players’ health is our top concern and we are disappointed for Anderson, and his family. We know what a competitor he is and how much he wants to be on the court helping his teammates. In the meantime, he has our full support and we look forward to welcoming him back as he recovers, said General Manager Chris Grant.
Varejao underwent surgery on January 10 to repair a torn leg muscle.
The 30-year-old missed the final half of the season last year with a broken wrist.
article courtesy of Wkyc.com
- America’s First Family PHOTOS!!!
- Malia & Sasha Take The Best Selfie…EVER! (PHOTOS)
- EXCLUSIVE: Kurt Carr Talks New CD Project And MORE On The YAMS!!
- EXCLUSIVE” Dr Creflo A Dollar On The Yolanda Adams Morning Show
- Obama Girls To Hit Teen Milestones In White House
PHOTOS: 2013 Stellar Awards
1. Dr Marvin Sapp and Family1 of 14
2. Bishop Paul S Morton2 of 14
3. Kirk,Mary Mary Marvin Sapp on Stage3 of 14
4. Dr Andre Crouch,Don Jackson4 of 14
5. Alexis Speight5 of 14
6. Dorinda Clark-Cole6 of 14
7. Bishop Rance Allen and Dr Marvin Sapp7 of 14
8. Byron Cage8 of 14
9. Pastor Donnie McClurkin and Tina Campbell9 of 14
10. Dr Bobby Jones..Bishop T.D. Jakes and James Fortune10 of 14
11. VaShawn Mitchell11 of 14
12. Mary Mary and Kirk Franklin12 of 14
13. Pastor Marvin Winans13 of 14
14. marymary-on-stage14 of 14
Breaking News: Cavaliers Varejao Develops Blood Clot, Out For Season was originally published on praisecleveland.com