On Monday evening, Cleveland City Council unanimously adopted Mayor Frank Jackson’s proposed $623 million dollar operating budget for 2018.
Some of the highlights of the spending plan include:
- Hiring in the safety forces – 150 police officers this year and 100 more next year – plus 80 new firefighters and 48 EMS paramedics.
- Expanding and creating programs addressing youth violence as a public health issue.
- Implementing Mayor Jackson’s Neighborhood Transformation Initiative, a public-private endeavor aimed at creating economic prosperity, jobs and opportunities in the city’s most depressed neighborhoods.
- Boosting the budget of the Department of Public Works to improve services such as street sweeping, pothole repair, waste collection and leaf removal.
- Hiring more than 300 employees in the Division of Recreation and boosting its programs.
- Increasing the budget and staff of the Department of Public Health in order to focus on various pressing issues, including lead poisoning, infant mortality and the opiate epidemic.
CLICK HERE to read story
LOCAL NEWS: Council Approves Mayor Jackson’s $623 Million Dollar Operating Budget Proposal was originally published on praisecleveland.com
Mediocre White Man Charlie Kirk Suggests He Loves Segregation, Dislikes MLK In Jason Whitlock Interview
2024 Urban One Honors Celebrates the BEST IN BLACK! ✨
Report: Minor Earthquake In Northeast Ohio
Black Music Month Co-Founder Dyana Williams Remembers The Creation Of The National Commemoration
Black Ministers Refuse To Endorse Trump EXCEPT For This Cleveland Pastor…. [VIDEO]
‘Nobody F**ks With Her!’ D.L. Hughley Responds To Mo’Nique Over ‘Club Shay Shay’ Remarks
Northeast Ohio Pastor Honored In Oakwood Village
Kelly Loeffler Of KKK Selfie Fame Whitesplains Fani Willis, Nathan Wade Relationship In Trump-Loving Op-Ed