Celebrity news site lovebscott.com exclusively broke the news that Braxton was given the boot from the Emmy-award winning daytime talker. But soon after the news began to circulate, Love was hit with a wave of criticism as many accused her of being the reason Tamar was kicked to the curb.
During a chat with “The Breakfast Club” Loni and “The Real” hosts explained what really went down between them and their former co-host.
“We call her, she’s not picking up the phone. She stopped communicating with us and she put out an Instagram [post] saying she was backstabbed,” Love explained.
She went on to say that Tamar gave the impression that Loni was responsible for her firing.
“The first person she unfollowed was me,” she continued. “People assumed that I was the one. I know Tamar — she’s a good person. She probably saw all the heat I was getting, then she unfollowed Jeannie [Mai]. Then after a couple of days, she unfollowed these two [Tamera Mowry-Housley and Adrienne Houghton.”
Love added that the singer’s sister, Towanda Braxton, with good intentions, issued her a warning that took her by surprise.
‘I get on a plane to go to Atlanta [and] guess who’s in front of me, in first class: Towanda,” she said. “She told me they did an emergency episode of Braxton Family Values, and, ‘You need to see the episode.’ I had a person that worked at WEtv. The person that worked at WEtv contacted me [and said], ‘You are being named, the girls are being named,’ and I called my attorney and I said, ‘You gotta call WEtv and let them know if they’re naming us, we’re gonna have to have legal action. That’s defamation of character.”
After then mentioning that the network ended up doing an extra cut, she claimed a blogger who saw a rough cut claimed Herbert believed the ladies were jealous of his then-wife and ex-client.
“Vince said we were jealous, and the he names me specifically, and you know why I say he does that? Because I gave her the number of Rushion McDonald [Steve Harvey’s former manager],” she said.
Later,“ she addressed Braxton’s claims that she should have shared in the cast’s Emmy Awards win, despite her no longer being a part of the show.
“If you didn’t like us, if you thought we had you fired, why would you want to sit with us when we all got nominated for an Emmy?” Love asked.
Article Courtesy of EURweb
First Picture Courtesy of Andew H. Walker and Getty Images
Second Picture Courtesy of Noel Vasquez and Getty Images
Remembering Aretha Franklin [PHOTOS]
1. 2016 Kennedy Center Honors - ArrivalsSource:WENN 1 of 36
2. Aretha Franklin during an appearance on NBC's 'Late Night with Seth Meyers.'Source:WENN 2 of 36
3. 102nd White House Correspondents' Association Dinner - ArrivalsSource:Getty 3 of 36
4. Minnesota Vikings v Detroit LionsSource:Getty 4 of 36
5. Aretha Franklin during an appearance on NBC's 'Late Night with Seth Meyers.'Source:WENN 5 of 36
6. The BET Honors 2014Source:WENN 6 of 36
7. Aretha Franklin performs liveSource:WENN 7 of 36
8. Aretha Franklin performs liveSource:WENN 8 of 36
9. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 9 of 36
10. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 10 of 36
11. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 11 of 36
12. Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular - PerformancesSource:WENN 12 of 36
13. BET Honors 2014: Debra Lee Pre-DinnerSource:WENN 13 of 36
14. 38th Annual Kennedy Center Honors' on CBS.Source:WENN 14 of 36
15. ArraySource:WENN 15 of 36
16. New York premiere of 'Selma' - ArrivalsSource:WENN 16 of 36
17. ArraySource:WENN 17 of 36
18. ArraySource:WENN 18 of 36
19. Billboard Women in Music Luncheon 2014Source:WENN 19 of 36
20. ArraySource:WENN 20 of 36
21. Late Show with David LettermanSource:WENN 21 of 36
22. ArraySource:WENN 22 of 36
23. ArraySource:WENN 23 of 36
24. ArraySource:WENN 24 of 36
25. ArraySource:WENN 25 of 36
26. ArraySource:WENN 26 of 36
27. ArraySource:WENN 27 of 36
28. ArraySource:WENN 28 of 36
29. ArraySource:WENN 29 of 36
30. ArraySource:WENN 30 of 36
31. ArraySource:WENN 31 of 36
32. ArraySource:WENN 32 of 36
33. ArraySource:WENN 33 of 36
34. ArraySource:WENN 34 of 36
35. ArraySource:WENN 35 of 36
36. aretha franklin deathSource:CS 36 of 36
So What Really Happened When Tamar Left ‘The Real’ According to Loni Love was originally published on wzakcleveland.com