Extremely cold temperatures are in the forecast which might leave some people in need of warmth. Warming centers and shelters are opening for those looking to escape the cold.
The Metanoia Project:
St. Malachi School, 2459 Washington Ave. Phone: 734-660-1310
2100 Lakeside Ave. Phone: 216-566-0047
Noma Herr Women’s Shelter, 2227 Payne Ave. Phone: 216-479-0020
Men’s Private Shelters:
City Mission Shelter, Phone: 216-431-3515
St. Herman’s House of Hospitality, Phone: 216-961-3806
Women and Children’s Private Shelters:
Laura’s Home, Phone: 216-472-5500
Domestic Violence Shelters:
Domestic Violence Center, Phone: 216-391-4357
Next Step Shelter for Youth, Phone: 216-941-0062
The Edward “Peel” Coleman Community Center— 1400 Sherrick Road SE in Canton.
Cots and blankets will be available and is open from Tuesday, Jan. 29 at 6 p.m. through Friday, Feb. 1 at 8:00 a.m.
The Salvation Army, 420 Market Avenue South in Canton, will provide meals.
- Wednesday, Jan. 30 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 31 from 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Friday, Feb. 1 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Refuge of Hope, 405 Third Street NE in Canton
- Wednesday, Jan. 30 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 31 from 9-5 p.m.
SARTA will provide transportation as follows:
- Passenger pick up from Cornerstone Transit on Cherry Avenue SE and from Salvation Army to the Coleman Center from 5:45 p.m.-6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan 29, Wednesday Jan. 30 and Thursday Jan. 31.
- Passenger pick up from the Coleman Center to Cornerstone Transit on Cherry Ave SE and to Salvation Army from 8-9 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan 30, Thursday, Jan. 31 and Friday, Feb. 1.