CLEVELAND, Ohio (WOIO) – The jury in the high-profile murder case of a couple who owned a car dealership in Cleveland recommended the death sentence for Joseph McAlpin.
The jury began deliberating in the death penalty phase of the Joseph McAlpin trial around 11 a.m. Thursday and reached a verdict approximately 30 minutes later.
It was the jury’s task to decide whether McAlpin would spend life in prison or be sentenced to death.
On April 16, McAlpin was convicted of murdering a Cleveland husband and wife at their car dealership, Mr. Cars, on East 185th Street in Cleveland’s Collinwood neighborhood.
Trina Tomola, Michael Kuznik and their dog were all shot in April of 2017.
Several cars and cash were also stolen.
The couple’s son found their bodies later that evening.
McAlpin represented himself at the trial, which began on March 18, in front of Cuyahoga County Court of Common Pleas Judge Brian Corrigan.
Jerome Diggs and Andrew Keener are also charged in connection with the double murder. Keener pleaded guilty and testified against McAlpin.
READ MORE: Cleveland19.com
Article Courtesy of WOIO 19 News Cleveland
First and Second Picture Courtesy of Douglas Sacha and Getty Images
Video Courtesy of Facebook and WOIO 19 News Cleveland
11 Interesting Facts About O.J. Simpson & His Murder Trial
1. Nicole Brown was originally O.J.’s mistress.Source: 1 of 11
2. O.J. allegedly apologized over Nicole’s casket.Source: 2 of 11
3. The glove didn’t fit because…Source: 3 of 11
4. Marcia Clark once told Johnnie Cochran she was going commando.Source: 4 of 11
5. The Bronco chase.Source: 5 of 11
6. Almost 95 million people were watching the car chase.Source: 6 of 11
7. Game 5 of the NBA Finals was also interrupted by the Bronco chase.Source: 7 of 11
8. The Bronco chase directly affected Domino’s pizza sales.Source: 8 of 11
9. Everything stopped on the day of O.J.’s “Not Guilty” verdict.Source: 9 of 11
10. In The Bronco…Source: 10 of 11
11. He tried to commit suicide in Khloe Kardashian’s bedroom.Source: 11 of 11
LOCAL NEWS: Jury Makes Their Recommendation For Joseph McAlpin in His Trial was originally published on wzakcleveland.com