The famous ‘Whale Wall’ on the Cleveland Power Plant building near I-90 and Lake Erie is getting a fresh coat of paint.
Original artist and conservationist Wyland will return to Cleveland to perform a refresh to the mural, which was dedicated on Oct. 6, 1997.
Titled “Song of the Whales,” the massive painting can be seen along Interstate 90.
The mural, in which you can come out and see Wyland do his magic on the project, is hosting a re-dedication ceremony this Friday at 5 p.m.
Article Courtesy of WJW Fox 8 News Cleveland
First and Second Picture Courtesy of Jeff Greenberg and Getty Images
Video Courtesy of Facebook and WJW Fox 8 News Cleveland
What Makes Downtown Cleveland So Sexy?
1. Crystal Chandelierat PlayHouse SquareSource:Getty 1 of 13
2. Solar panels outside the Great Lakes Science Center.Source:Getty 2 of 13
3. The Rock And Roll Hall Of FameSource:Getty 3 of 13
4. Aerial view of downtown Cleveland's Public SquareSource:Getty 4 of 13
5. Soldiers and Sailors monument in Cleveland, Ohio, USASource:Getty 5 of 13
6. Downtown Cleveland's historic building on Public SquareSource:Getty 6 of 13
7. The exterior of Key Tower.Source:Getty 7 of 13
8.8 of 13
9. Downtown Old Stone ChurchSource:Getty 9 of 13
10.10 of 13
11. The interior of the Tower City Center.Source:Getty 11 of 13
12. Cleveland Convention Center, Cleveland, Ohio, USASource:Getty 12 of 13
13.13 of 13
LOCAL NEWS: ‘Whale Wall’ In the Process of Being Restored was originally published on wzakcleveland.com