The U.S. House of Representatives voted Wednesday to impeach President Donald Trump on abuse of power and obstruction of justice charges. The decision follows weeks of testimony related to his dealings with Ukraine and hours of fiery debate over the process.
Trump is only the third president in U.S. history to be impeached following Bill Clinton in 1998 and Andrew Johnson in 1868.
The Senate will hold a trial next month to determine if President Trump should be removed from office. The Constitution requires two-thirds of senators to vote in favor to convict and remove him from office.
The Senate consists of 53 Republicans, 45 Democrats, and two independents which means Trump is highly unlikely to be removed from office unless citizens in Republican represented areas act now and bombard their senators to vote otherwise.
Read More: NBC News
Epic Speeches From Nelson Mandela That Will Give You Hope During The Insane Trump Era
1. Speech At His Trial For Sabotage — He Was Sentenced To Life In Prison (1964)Source: 1 of 7
2. Speech After Being Released From Prison (1990)Source: 2 of 7
3. Nelson Mandela First Address to a Joint Meeting of the U.S. Congress (1990)Source: 3 of 7
4. President Nelson Mandela Inauguration Speech (1994)Source: 4 of 7
5. Mandela’s Final Speech in SA National Chambers (1999)Source: 5 of 7
6. Nelson Mandela at Harvard (1998)Source: 6 of 7
7. Laureus World Sports Awards in Monaco (2000)Source: 7 of 7
House Votes to Impeach President Donald Trump! Here’s What’s Next… was originally published on 92q.com