There is some good news for those living in the City of Cleveland who missed the different summer programs and offerings last year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
A lot of them are coming back this year, especially the outdoor pools. That should help with possible rising temps and to get residents get out of their places of residence.
From WJW Fox 8 News Cleveland:
The city’s 20 outdoor public pools, which remained closed last summer, will be open starting June 12 with limits on the number of people. Cleveland Director of Public Works Michael Cox said they will operate on 45-minute sessions with 15 minutes of cleaning and sanitizing in between.
Hours for the pools are from Noon to 7 p.m. every Wednesday through Sunday. If the temperature is above 85 degrees, then they are open all seven days.
Outdoor playgrounds and basketball courts are also going to reopen this summer as well, though physical distancing rules are expected to be included.
Camp Forbes will also start back up, though only 40 children per week will be allowed instead of 100.
Click here to read more.
Article Courtesy of WJW Fox 8 News Cleveland
First Picture Courtesy of kali9 and Getty Images
Second Picture Courtesy of chee gin tan and Getty Images
Video Courtesy of Facebook and WJW Fox 8 Cleveland
COVID-19: Ohio Coronavirus Update as of April 1st
1. March comes to a close but COVID-19 has not...1 of 44
2. Ohio COVID-19 age range / gender as of 3/312 of 44
3. Ohio COVID-19 coronavirus cases by county as of 3/313 of 44
4. Ohio coronavirus deaths by county as of 3/314 of 44
5. Ohio COVID-19 hospitalizations as of 3/315 of 44
6. Stimulus Checks are on the way!6 of 44
7.7 of 44
8.8 of 44
9. Ohio Primary Election Set For April 28th9 of 44
10. Ohio school buildings ordered to stay closed until May 31st - Virtual Lessons ensue.10 of 44
11. 29,191 individuals tested in #Ohio.11 of 44
12. COVID-19 Around Ohio as of 3/3112 of 44
13. Why #SocialDistancing is essential?13 of 44
14. Ohio Department of Health Still Need More Supplies.14 of 44
15. Concerns still grow as limited testing is still a challenge.15 of 44
16. But new rapid COVID-19 tests are on the way!16 of 44
17. Thanks to Battelle, Ohio is leading in N95 mask sterilization!17 of 44
18.18 of 44
19. For those who need utility assistance:19 of 44
20. Need utilities re-instated?20 of 44
21. For Small Businesses:21 of 44
22. More Business Resorces:22 of 44
23. Governor DeWine addresses issues with Ohio's unemployment compensation system23 of 44
24.24 of 44
25. Ohio BMV Update:25 of 44
26. Ohio State Parks Remain Open26 of 44
27. Mental Heath Services:27 of 44
28.28 of 44
29. Federal tax filing deadline extended to July 15th29 of 44
30. State of Ohio tax filing deadline extended to July 15th30 of 44
31. Still need to do your taxes?31 of 44
32.32 of 44
33.33 of 44
34.34 of 44
35. Judges stop Ohio from banning abortions during COVID-19 pandemic35 of 44
36. Planned Parenthood remains open36 of 44
37.37 of 44
38.38 of 44
39. Ohio prison coronavirus updates:39 of 44
40.40 of 44
41. Ohio prisons are now working to make #PPE or personal protective equipment.41 of 44
42.42 of 44
43. 2020 Census Mailers Went Out!43 of 44
44. While you might have a couple extra minutes, complete your Census!44 of 44
LOCAL NEWS: City of Cleveland to Once Again Open Its Outdoor Public Pools for This Summer was originally published on wzakcleveland.com