Say goodbye to one of the key reminders of the now old “Indians” name for Cleveland’s baseball team.
The process of taking down the script sign of the old name from the Progressive Field scoreboard has started at the Gateway District facility in Downtown Cleveland.
From WEWS News 5 Cleveland:
Crews will spend the next several days removing the 80-foot long sign.
The Brilliant Electric Sign Company is tasked with removing the sign to make room for the new Cleveland Guardians script sign that will greet fans next season as the team takes on the new name.
That is, if the former Indians will even get to be known as the “Guardians” as they are “in the middle of a lawsuit with the Cleveland roller derby team, also the Cleveland Guardians, which claims the baseball franchise infringed upon the roller derby team’s trademark.”
The announcement of the new name came back in July during a press conference.
As for the sign that is getting removed, it will temporarily stay put at the Brilliant Electric Sign Company.
Here is video below showing the process of the script sign removal:
Click here to read more.
Article Courtesy of WEWS News 5 Cleveland
First Picture Courtesy of Justin K. Aller and Getty Images
Second Picture Courtesy of Icon Sportswire and Getty Images
Monster's Ball: See What Your Favorite Celebs Wore For Halloween
1. Rihanna As Rapper Gunna
1 of 17
2. Nas As Scarface
2 of 17
3. Doja Cat As Cynthia From 'Rugrats'3 of 17
4. Megan Thee Stallion as Pinhead from 'Hellraiser'
4 of 17
5. Chloe Bailey As Betty Boop
5 of 17
Chloe Bailey ate this Betty Boop costume DOWN💋❤️ pic.twitter.com/TYu6QBnnPc— Blk Girl Culture (@blkgirlculture) October 31, 2021
6. Ciara Killed The TLC Look!
6 of 17
7. LeBron James As Freddy!
7 of 17
8. Drake Celebrated Halloween Dressed As His Dad
8 of 17
Happy Halloween 👻 pic.twitter.com/QbAmheocPX— Drake Direct (@DrakeDirect_) November 1, 2021
9. Check Out The Weeknd As Don Corleone
9 of 17
10. Lizzo As Yoda From 'Star Wars'
10 of 17
11. Janelle Monae As The Grinch
11 of 17
12. Lil Nas X As 'Harry Potter' Villian Lord Voldemort
12 of 17
13. Cardi B As 'Addams Family' Matriarch Morticia Addams
13 of 17
14. Offset Went As Music Legend Rick James
14 of 17
15. Russell Westbrook As Horror Icon Chucky
15 of 17
16. John Legend & Family Went As The Addams!!
16 of 17
17. Saweetie With The Halle Berry Approved Catwoman Costume
17 of 17
LOCAL NEWS: “Indians” Script Sign Getting Removed from Scoreboard was originally published on wzakcleveland.com