The concern is that many balloons released into the environment is littering and could potentially disrupt electric utilities service and even threaten wildlife.
A report says about 18,000 balloons or pieces of balloons made of mylar or latex were found during Alliance of the Great Lakes beach clean-ups between 2016 and 2018.
Then there was Balloonfest ’86.
Who can forget the disastrous event that was meant to showcase the positive side of Cleveland in 1986 that ended in such “calamity” with multi-vehicle accidents and a search for two missing men that was delayed due to those balloons ending up on Lake Erie.
Here is a refresher on the ill-fated Balloonfest:
Now, large balloon releases can be allowed if they are released in an indoor facility, hot air balloons recovered or executed by “a governmental agency for scientific or meteorological purposes.”
If two-thirds vote in favor of a ban, it will go into effect as soon as possible.
1. Janet Jackson, Missy & Puff - 2001 Billboard Music Awards
1 of 20
2. Sean 'Diddy' Combs and Jay-Z at 2020 Grammy Gala
2 of 20
3. 2016 Puff Daddy And Bad Boy Family Reunion Tour
3 of 20
4. Mase and Puff at the Bad Boy Records Gala
4 of 20
5. AJ Calloway, Mariah Carey, Sean "Diddy" Combs and Antonio "LA" Reid
5 of 20
6. P. Diddy Birthday Ball with Kim Porter
6 of 20
7. Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs during an appearance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!"
7 of 20
8. Puff and Yung Miami attend Black Tie Affair
8 of 20
9. Swizz Beatz, Diddy and Nas
9 of 20
10. French Montana, Drake and P Diddy attend the 2018 Vanity Fair Oscar Party
10 of 20
11. 2010 American Music Awards with Dawn Richard, Diddy, Nicki Minaj, Kaleena Harper and Safaree
11 of 20
12. 2014 iHeartRadio Music Awards with Rihanna and Puff
12 of 20
13. Antonio "L.A." Reid's 50th Birthday Party with Oprah and Diddy
13 of 20
14. "Hard To The Left" Hip-Hop Showcase with Puff Daddy and Heavy D.
14 of 20
15. Fashion Show with Rihanna, Cassie, Puff, Jay-Z and Beyonce
15 of 20
16. Billboard Awards with Lil Kim, Biggie and Puff
16 of 20
17. Puff Daddy And The Family Bad Boy Reunion Tour: Puff and Mary J. Blige
17 of 20
18. Puff Daddy and Lil Kim perform during Concert in New York
18 of 20
19. Jermaine Dupri Video Shoot In New York
19 of 20
20. Shyne and Diddy - Paris Fashion Week
20 of 20
Continue reading Happy Birthday Diddy! See Photos Of Puff & His Famous Friends Through The Years
Happy Birthday Diddy! See Photos Of Puff & His Famous Friends Through The Years
[caption id="attachment_4213429" align="aligncenter" width="668"] Source: Brian ZAK / Getty[/caption]
Hip-Hop's Bad Boy adds another candle to the cake today, let's look back at special moments he's shared with some of your favorite people.
You don't have to be in the industry to know this is a tough game to remain relevant in. But Mr. "Can't Stop, Won't Stop" has consistently rebranded, pivoted and recreated himself - remaining a vital part of popular culture for the past few decades. After introducing the world to Brooklyn rapper The Notorious B.I.G., Puff Daddy's knack for finding street talent only grew, as he helped launch the careers of Lil Kim, The Lox, Ma$e, G. Dep, Shyne in addition to popular R&B acts like Total and Faith Evans.
Beyond music, Puff infiltrated the world of fashion with the urban clothing line Sean John. On the small screen, he helped usher in the reality TV era of entertainment with MTV's Making The Band. On the big screen, he played a small role in the Oscar-winning film, Monster's Ball. And on the lifestyle scene, Ciroc remains one of the top adult beverages at your favorite club.
The man has lots to celebrate. And as you can see in the 2019 video below for his 50th birthday extravaganza, he's got lots of industry pals to celebrate with.
Check out the gallery below for photos of Diddy and Friends for his 52nd birthday.