According to NBC4i, The Ohio Supreme Court has declared a congressional district map unconstitutional, ordering state lawmakers to return to the drawing board.
In a 4-3 decision, the Court majority invalidated a second proposed map outlining Ohio’s 15 U.S. House districts on Monday — used by voters in the May primary election — finding it “unduly favors” the Republican Party and violates the Ohio Constitution’s partisan gerrymandering prohibitions, according to a news release from the Court.
“As a result, districts that would otherwise be strongly Democratic-leaning are now competitive or Republican-leaning districts,” the opinion stated.
Drawn by the Republican-led Ohio Redistricting Commission, the map was found to be similar to the plan passed by the legislature and deemed unconstitutional by the Court in January, the release said.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- One Of The Cops Who Killed Jamarion Robinson Is Still On The Job Despite Murder Indictment
- Celebrate Black Music Month With Newstalk Cleveland!
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- Submit A Black Owned Business For Buy Black Cleveland!
- Netroots Nation Attendees Protest Facebook And Meta’s Presence At Progressive Conference
- EXCLUSIVE: Tank Says He’s Stepping Away From Music After His New Album “R&B Money” [WATCH]
- EXCLUSIVE: Kandi Drops Exclusive Tea On RHOA Reunion & Tiny Shares The Key To A Lasting Marriage
- The Case Of Christopher Shaw And His Struggle For Justice After Being Paralyzed By Texas Police
- Virginia Officials, Residents Mad USPS Closed Post Office With Historical Signs For ‘Colored’ Customers
- In Blocking Ron DeSantis-Backed ‘Stop WOKE Act,’ Florida Judge Compares Law To ‘Stranger Things’
- Nene Leakes Shared An Inside Look Into Her BBL Surgery Experience On Instagram
- Alabama Republicans Blame Google After Using KKK Photo On Facebook
- Draya Michele Looks Bangin’ In A Paper Bikini In Maxim Magazine’s Latest Issue
- Mom Suing School Over Cotton Picking Project Spotlights Trend Of Misguided Slavery Related Lessons
Congressional district map ‘unduly favors’ Republicans, Ohio Supreme Court rules was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com