Mars, the company responsible for some of our favorite candies and chocolate, has decided to cancel and shelf the M&M mascots. At least for the time being.
Mars recently redesigned M&M’s animated mascots, announcing in a statement last Thursday that they were creating “a world where everyone feels they belong, and society is inclusive.” However, the newly designed M&M’s have received criticism and backlash online, and now the company appears to be headed back to the drawing board.
This all follows Mars’ decision to campaign an all-female package for the 80-year-old candy brand. The limited-time offer was simply supposed to be a celebration for women, but not everyone sees it that way.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Following an attack from conservative talking heads like FOX’s Tucker Carlson, Mars now claims that the ‘spokescandies’ are on an “indefinite pause”.
Carlson, who at one point about a year ago targeted the M&M mascots as being “woke”, went on another, full-segment tirade directed at the colorful animations, stating that the green M&M “is now a lesbian maybe”, and made reference to the purple one being “obese”.
This morning M&M’s released the following statement:
So let’s hear it, are you upset about the way Mars has handled the M&M mascots?
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- Submit A Black Owned Business For Buy Black Cleveland!
- 4 White Supremacists Sentenced For Hate Crime After Brutally Beating A Black DJ
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Remembers Brandon Smiley [WATCH]
- New Couple Alert & Pastor Claims Demons Play Rihanna in Hell [WATCH]
- Memphis Police ‘Shielded And Protected’ White Cop In Tyre Nichols’ Arrest Video, Ben Crump Says
- Pioneering Pilot Bessie Coleman’s Legacy Celebrated Through New Barbie Doll
- H.E.R. Is A Vision In All White On The February Cover Of ‘Vogue Singapore’
- University Of Southern California To Name Field After Olympian Allyson Felix
- There Will Be Two Black Quarterbacks Starting In The Super Bowl For The First Time In NFL History
- #SoulBowl: Patrick Mahomes, Jalen Hurts Make First Black Quarterback’s To Matchup In Super Bowl History
- Kelce Brothers, From Cleveland Heights, Will Meet in the Super Bowl
M&M Candy Mascots Are Latest Victims Of Cancel Culture. For Real. was originally published on wzakcleveland.com