Flavor Flav attended the opening of Flav’s Fried Chicken restaurant in Clinton, IA yesterday. The Clinton location is the first restaurant in the chain to open to the public.
Flav, who graduated from culinary school in 1978 and served as head cook at several restaurants, announced his foray into the restaurant business late last year. He’s partnered with Nick Cimino, whose brother Peter owns Mama Cimino’s in Las Vegas. Flav initially began selling chicken wings for 99 cents at Mama Ciminos.
“Nick sees me frying the chicken and says ‘I’m going back to my town and I’m going to build us a restaurant, the first FFC restaurant,'” Flav told the Clinton Herald. “I said, ‘Huh, are you serious?'”
“I don’t want to be just known to have a spot,” Flav said. “You’re going to find me in here working. You’re going to be catching me seasoning my chicken, flouring my chicken, frying up my chicken, and not only that, but serving my chicken to my people.”
Most Popular Articles
- TEENA MARIE MEMORIAL SERVICE [PHOTOS]
- [VIDEO] STEVE HARVEY EXPOSED!
- Second Graders Caught Engaging in Oral Sex in Class with Teacher Present
- Mother Jailed for Sending Kids to the Wrong School District
- Monica and Shannon Brown Are Married
- SMH: 14-Year-Old Boy Gets Gun And Kills Whole Family!
- Woman Who Kidnapped Carlina White Still On The Run, White’s Birth Parents Speak Out
- Carlina White Kidnapped 24 Years Ago Reunites With Family via Internet
- Really?!!!!!!! Who Lets Their Child Act Like This?
More Than 1000 Kids Reported Missing In Ohio This Year, Per Report
White Man Carrying Rifle Through Black Neighborhood Confronted By Black Business Owner
Krayzie Bone Update: Another Surgery Needed For Cleveland Legend
Teens Charged For Public Square Shooting In Cleveland
Mississippi Welfare Scandal: Brett Favre’s Defamation Lawsuit Against Shannon Sharpe Dismissed
Roland Martin Breaks Down Black Support For Trump, Says “Day Is Over” For Relief Checks
Ludacris Stars in New Disney Christmas Classic ‘Dashing Through The Snow’ [WATCH]
The RSMS Reviews Broadway-bound ‘The Wiz’ Musical (Produced by Kandi Burruss and Todd Tucker)