Alicia Keys was welcomed back to the stage at the Hope Rising! concert to benefit the Stephen Lewis Foundation at Toronto’s Sony Centre on Tuesday (May 3). The Grammy-winning vocalist, along with K’naan, Rufus Wainwright, Angélique Kidjo, and Holly Cole, lent their voices to help raise money and awareness for the fight against HIV/AIDS in Africa.
“If you can hear it, you can feel it, you can see it, then hope is rising everywhere we look,” said an inspired Alicia before singing her New York anthem “Empire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down” and classic “Fallin’.”
Alicia is gearing up to perform at next month’s BET Awards and will release a special 10th Anniversary Deluxe and Collector’s edition of her debut songs in A minor on June 28.
Catch a couple of her live performances below.
Most Popular Articles
- Osama Bin Laden Death Photos & Updates On His Downfall [VIDEO]
- Jordin Sparks Shows Off Weight Loss In A Bikini (PHOTOS)
- PHOTO: Tia Mowry ‘Embraces’ Pregnancy
- Beyonce Gets Booed At MET Ball 2011 [VIDEO]
- Michelle Obama Does The Dougie [VIDEO]
- Pregnant Tia Mowry Poses Nude [PHOTO]
- Michelle Obama Goes Curly At White House Correspondents’ Dinner [PHOTO]
- Lil Waynes Daughter Is Getting Young Money
- Beyonce, Jay-Z, Rihanna & More Attend MET Ball 2011 [PHOTOS]
- Exclusive: Teena Marie’s Daughter on Mother’s Death