*Steven Carter, a 26-year-old pastor, spent the night in an open jail cell with several hundred other men, fearing that he could face several years in prison on a terrorism charge, his employer told the AJC Wednesday.
Carter is a preacher at The Church at Southside in Athens, Georgia. The pastor there, Jeff Williams, said Carter’s 22-year-old wife, Erin, called him in a panic Tuesday night. She told him that her husband was detained after customs officials found a .22-caliber bullet in his bag.
“It was stuck in the seams of the bag,” Williams said. “They don’t know how it got there. Steve doesn’t own a gun.”
Erin Carter told Williams that her husband expects to be charged with possession of illegal ammunition and terrorism or terroristic threats. Williams said an attorney advised the couple that the ammo charge would result in only a fine but that Steven Carter could face at least seven years in prison if convicted of the terror charge.
Read more here.
- Kirk Franklin Makes A Special Apperance On American Idol Tonight!!!
- This Just In..Keyshia Cole Is Now MARRIED! Photos
- 5-Year-Old Girl Can Speak 7 Languages, Play 6 Instruments
- New Music: J Moss Releases “The Prayers” Featuring Hezekiah Walker & LFC
- Morehouse Men Suprise Oprah During Farewell Spectacular
- Season 4 Of Sunday Best To Premiere On July 10
- Premiere Video: Kirk Franklin “I Smile”
- My Town: East Cleveland Theater Summer Camp Registration
- Leave Oprah A Farewell Message On Our Facebook Page
- Trin-i-tee 5:7: ‘Hear My Heart’ Video
RIP Greg Gunn: White Ex-Alabama Cop Who Killed Unarmed Black Man Granted Early Release From Prison
Black Ministers Refuse To Endorse Trump EXCEPT For This Cleveland Pastor…. [VIDEO]
Northeast Ohio Pastor Honored In Oakwood Village
2024 Urban One Honors Celebrates the BEST IN BLACK! ✨
Missing 5 Year Old Amber Alert Victim Feared To Be Dead
Kelly Loeffler Of KKK Selfie Fame Whitesplains Fani Willis, Nathan Wade Relationship In Trump-Loving Op-Ed
Black Music Month Co-Founder Dyana Williams Remembers The Creation Of The National Commemoration
Report: Minor Earthquake In Northeast Ohio