Ever since Lil’ Mama jumped on stage during Alicia Keys and Jay-Z’s performance at the MTV VMA Awards, she just can’t seem to get the proper respect she deserves. Yesterday, Lil’ Mama sat down with Power 105′s The Breakfast Club, DJ Envy, Charlamagne and Angela Yee for aninterview and things got a bit crazy. Lil’ Mama was torn to shreds by Charlamagne. However she did hold her own, she had a reply for every diss The Breakfast Club threw at her. Lil’ Mama cried during the interview and everyone made it seem as if Charlamagne made her cry and that was not the case. She cried when speaking of her mother, not because of Charlamagne’s many stabs. Although I think I would have cried if someone called me “Young Struggle Face.” I (@itsJazzyFBaby) decided to list 6 reasons why Lil’ Mama deserves respect. Don’t you all think Lil’ Mama deserves just a little bit of R-E-S-P-E-C-T?
6. Bow Wow’s clone– This has been an unsolved mystery for years now but we have reason to believe Lil’ Mama is a Bow Wow clone. Just joking but I think you guys know what I mean. Ok onto the real reasons.
6. MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew– Lil’ Mama is always on someone’s payroll. There are some legendary female rappers who can’t get a gig to save their life *cough* Foxy Brown. If Randy Jackson feels she is relevant enough to be a judge on his TV show then she deserves some respect.
5. Her Confidence– Lil’ Mama will hit the red carpet wearing something only Lady Gaga could pull off. Everyone makes fun of her dress style but even Nicki Minaj has copied her style. She wears her all glitter everything fits with pride and confidence. Anyone who can wear all glitter everything fits and be happy about it deserves some respect.
4. NY, NY, LA, LA ft Snoop Dogg– Snoop is like the coolest rap artist on earth and just maybe the most famous. He is known all over the world. If Snoop Dogg thinks that Lil’ Mama is cool enough to record with, she deserves some respect.
3. Nicki Minaj borrowed from her– Lil’ Kim was mad at Nicki Minaj for jacking her style but according to Lil’ Mama, Nicki started rocking the bob hair cut after visiting her on the set of America’s Best Dance Crew.
2. She has hit records– “Lip Gloss” and “Shawty Get Loose” featuring T-Pain and Chris Brown were both top 10 hits. Avril Lavigne even tapped Lil’ Mama to collabo on the remix for her hit “Girlfriend.”
1. The Jay-Z & Alicia Key’s “Empire State Of Mind” VMA performance– Lil’ Mama just may be the only person in the world with enough courage to go on stage and post up with Jay and Alicia and not give a fu*k.
[ione-gallery id=”1310325″ src=”https://theurbandaily.cassiuslife.com”%5D
- Gospel Music Icon Bishop F.C. Barnes Passes Away
- Cleveland Interview Starts Drama With Basketball Wives Evelyn Lozada & Jennifer Williams
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Michele Bachmann On ‘The View’ [VIDEO]
- Shots Fired: Miguel Apologizes To Lloyd’s Hair [EXCLUSIVE VIDEO]
- Up-Date: Funeral Arrangements Set For Gospel Singer Bishop F.C. Barnes
- Alicia Keys & SWIZZ BEAT’S Baby Boy Egypt
- R. Kelly Catches A Case On Tour In Cleveland [VIDEO]
- Terry McMillan: Follow Up To ‘Waiting To Exhale’ Almost Ready
- Amber Rose Gets Wiz Khalifa Tattoo [PHOTO]
- RHOA Star Nene Leakes’ Son In Trouble With The Law Again!
- BET’s ‘Sunday Best’ Returns For Fourth Season