It’s not likely to be found on any Washington-area menus soon. Congressional Black Caucus chair Emanuel Cleaver blasted the final debt deal brokered between congressional leadership and President Obama on Twitter as a “Satan sandwich” Monday.
“This deal is a sugar-coated Satan sandwich,” he said. “If you lift the bun, you will not like what you see.”
The four-term Missouri Democrat continued his Twitter diatribe against the deal to raise the amount of money the nation can borrow and make a down payment on the federal deficit saying, “This debt deal is antithetical to everything the great religions of the world teach, which is take care of the poor, aged, vulnerable.”
A Satan sandwich is not a tasty deal, Cleaver affirmed during an interview on CNN’s “The Situation Room.” And it’s worse when it’s been sprinkled with Potomac River water.
The deal provides for a bi-partisan congressional committee tasked with making long-term fiscal reforms that may include spending cuts as well as tax revenues. If the committee does not come to an agreement by the end of the year, a congressional vote on adding a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution will take place. If the amendment is not passed, massive cuts to defense spending and entitlement programs will be made, hitting key programs for both Democrats and Republicans.
Most Popular Articles
- Retired Cavs Player’s Unsolved Murder Draws Lawsuit from Family, 911 Calls Ignored
- New Music By Johnny Gill ‘In The Mood’ [VIDEO]
- 14 Things Men Think About During Sex
- Diddy and J-Lo Back Together Again
- 4 People Shot, 1 Killed During The George Clinton Concert At The Unity Festival Luke Easter Park!! [Video]
- BET Cancels Mo’Nique’s Talk Show
- Fantasia Makes Big Announcement! [VIDEO]
- Fantasia Announces She’s Pregnant [VIDEO]
- Keyshia Cole Rocks Interesting Hairstyle At Performance [VIDEO]
- Keyshia Cole Brings Out Son On Stage [VIDEO]