On Wednesday, August 3rd the west bank of the Cuyahoga River as it weaves through The Flats in the city of Cleveland, Ohio was host to an amazing celebration of music and life. Jill Scott’s Summer Block Party took hold of the Jacob’s Pavilion at Nautica and chased away any thoughts of the threatening rain, leaving the attendees unconcerned about the umbrellas they had to leave at the gate.
The night was filled with the talents of a variety of artists before Jill Scott took the stage. Doug E Fresh and DJ Jazzy Jeff kept spirits high and energy pumping between the main acts as they took the crowd on a trip through the earlier days of R&B and Hip-Hop; spinning the favorite classics from back in the day. Mint Condition took to the stage first, and while the crowd may have been still funneling in, there was no doubt that the music had arrived.
Next on stage was Anthony Hamilton. Throughout his set, lasting close to an hour, he mixed up the sound and livened up the crowd. The whole band was moving with the groove as they washed the audience with smooth soul, jamming R&B, and even some jumping gospel. He ended with the crowd favorites “The Point Of It All” and “Charlene.”
Continue reading on Examiner.com Jill Scott’s Summer Block Party brought the beat to Cleveland – Cleveland Concerts | Examiner.com
Most Popular Articles
- Retired Cavs Player’s Unsolved Murder Draws Lawsuit from Family, 911 Calls Ignored
- Diddy and J-Lo Back Together Again
- New Music By Johnny Gill ‘In The Mood’ [VIDEO]
- Exclusive Interview w/ Meeka Claxton From Basketball Wives
- 4 People Shot, 1 Killed During The George Clinton Concert At The Unity Festival Luke Easter Park!! [Video]
- Fantasia Makes Big Announcement! [VIDEO]
- Keyshia Cole Brings Out Son On Stage [VIDEO]
- Fantasia Announces She’s Pregnant [VIDEO]
- Keyshia Cole Rocks Interesting Hairstyle At Performance [VIDEO]
- Cross dresser with Eddie Long tattoo? Yet, another piece unfolds