U.S. pastors vented on Twitter their frustration as the nation boiled under news of the first-ever credit rating downgrade in its history Friday and the Dow Jones Industrial Average’s 600-plus point plunge Monday.
Pastor David Roberts of Clarks Chapel Baptist Church in North Carolina is prepping his congregation for the hard times ahead. The church will be hosting Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University classes once per week beginning next month.
What A Downgrade Of U.S. Rating Means In Plain English [UPDATED]
Ramsey’s “The Great Recovery” campaign to get the country back on its feet financially “one family at a time” can’t seem to come soon enough for Roberts.
“Watching the market speed up its tumble while Obama speaks…,” Roberts tweeted during the President’s public address about the downgrade Monday. Later, Roberts tweeted: “It’s a good time to invest in the stock market – buy low; sell high – right?”
As news of the credit downgrade by Standard and Poor’s broke, Bishop T.D. Jakes of the Potter’s House in Dallas tweeted, “Can u believe that this political jockeying has lead according to the S&P has resulted in the USA loosing it’s credit standing????”
How You Can Enjoy Life & Save Money Too
Jakes followed with another tweet: “The whole system is out of control…esteeming party and power over country!” And later, “Changing leadership alone will not change a systemic dysfunction so self serving that it has lost it’s mission. America deserves better!”
Most Popular Articles
- Exclusive Interview w/ Meeka Claxton From Basketball Wives
- Kelly Rowland Has Emotional Breakdown Over Beyonce Message
- Video: Machine Gun Kelly signs a record deal
- Caught On Tape: Nicki Minaj Attack [AUDIO]
- Rihanna Gets Half Naked & Crazy For Carnival [PHOTOS]
- 4 Things Wrong With Eric Williams Throwing A Drink In Jennifer’s Face
- Rihanna Grinding at Carnival!?
- Nicki Minaj & Scaff Beezy 911 Call Revealed [AUDIO]
- BALLIN’: Inside Will & Jada Pinkett Smith’s Massive Malibu Home [PHOTOS]
- Casey Anthony Spotted in Ohio! [VIDEO]