Toxicology tests done on the British soul singer have come back, but it hasn’t been determined yet if the alcohol that was found in her system played any part in her death…
“Toxicology results returned to the Winehouse family by authorities have confirmed that there were no illegal substances in Amy’s system at the time of her death,” read a statement released today by family spokesman Chris Goodman.
“Results indicate that alcohol was present, but it cannot be determined as yet if it played a role in her death,” the statement continues. “The family would like to thank the police and coroner for their continuing thorough investigations and for keeping them informed throughout the process. They await the outcome of the inquest in October.”
The initial autopsy had failed to determine the 27-year-old’s cause of death.
The “Rehab” singer was found dead in her North London home on July 23, after battling an addiction to drugs and alcohol for years.
Most Popular Articles
- SHOCKING! Couple Adopted 2 Daughters, Then Beat Them To Death! [VIDEO]
- Get a FREE Smartphone!
- J-Hud Goes Ham On A Fan On Twitter For Questioning Her Weight Loss And “Gay” Husband
- Toya Carter’s New Husband Memphitz Arrested On Gun Charges
- Doctors Told Her She Miscarried, Truth Is Baby Was Still Alive
- Royce Reed’s “Basketball Wives” Boyfriend Gets Another Woman Pregnant
- Keyshia Cole & Daniel Gibson Give Back: Braids & Fades [EVENT]
- Happy Birthday Michael Jackson Tribute
- Former RHOA Star Lisa Wu-Hartwell and Ed Hartwell Split
- Halle Berry Celebrates 45th Birthday In A Bikini!