via CNN

A fast-food worker whose run-in with two unruly customers was captured on cell phone video last month will not be indicted on assault charges, prosecutors said Saturday.

A grand jury voted against indicting Rayon McIntosh, who was seen allegedly swinging a metal object against two patrons at a McDonald’s restaurant in Manhattan’s Greenwich Village.

He had been charged with felony assault, according to Joan Vollero, spokeswoman for the Manhattan district attorney’s office.

The grand jury reviewed evidence and testimony over 11 days, said Vollero.

The incident occurred at the restaurant on West 3rd Street in the early morning of October 12, and seemed to begin when the cashier questioned a $50 bill the women gave him, according to the video.

The two women responded by hurling obscenities at McIntosh. One of them then appeared to reach over the counter and slap his face, the video showed.

From there, one woman was seen climbing over the counter, sending the cashier running toward the kitchen area. The other woman is then seen walking around to join her friend.

The cashier reappears with what police described as a metal object and repeatedly takes swings at the women.

Read Full Story

Article courtesy cnn.com

Also On WERE-AM 1490:
National March Against Police Violence in DC [PHOTOS]
26 photos
×