Pastor Joel Osteen has made a name for himself as a positive and uplifting minister who focuses in on life’s pleasantries.
Despite his wild popularity, he‘s also frequently criticized by some who feel he doesn’t address some of the more nitty-gritty issues that exist in both the secular and religious worlds.
When it comes to sin — something Osteen clearly believes in but rarely discusses in his sermons — the faith leader is often targeted for not addressing the issue upfront and regularly. On Sunday evening, Oprah Winfrey interviewed Osteen on her new program, “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” where he delved deeply into his views on homosexuality and sin.
“Will a gay person be accepted into heaven, as you see it?,” Oprah asked the famed pastor. “I believe they will,” he responded. ”Sometimes we look at gay being a bigger sin than being proud or not telling the truth. I don’t think God categorizes sins.”
Here, Osteen made it clear that he believes homosexuality is sinful. But Oprah pushed him a bit harder to solidify his stance, asking, “Does that mean that you’re saying that you believe that being gay is a sin?” Watch video below and read on here
Osteen talks about his wealth
Joel Osteen explains how he keeps his “ego in check”:
Most Popular Articles
- Marlo Hampton’s face slash victim reportedly committed suicide !!!
- Breaking News: Nick Cannon Hospitalized For Kidney Failure
- Congradulations Beyonce & Jay-Z It’s a Girl!!
- The Truth About Why Kim Kardashian divorced Kris Humphries Revealed
- Love & Hip Hop: The Romance Behind Jim Jones’ Proposal To Chrissy [VIDEO]
- TELL ‘EM WHY YOU MAD! Michelle Williams LASHES OUT At Fans About Beyonce Baby Blue Ivy Carter!
- Wendy Williams calls Fantasia ‘dead wrong’
- LOCAL NEWS: Four Arrested in Relation to Euclid Shooting
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Found Love After She Stopped Looking
- Pregnant Beyonce Spotted In NYC, Hasn’t Given Birth Yet