A powerful earthquake hit waters off western Indonesia early Wednesday, prompting officials to issue a tsunami warning. Panicked residents poured into the streets, but there were no immediate reports of injuries or serious damage.
BANDA ACEH, INDONESIA
Residents in the provincial capital, Banda Aceh, and other cities along the coast fled their homes and waited in the streets. Patients were evacuated from at least one hospital as a precaution.
A giant quake off the country on Dec. 26, 2004, triggered a tsunami in the Indian Ocean that killed 230,000 people, half of them in Aceh. Read details here
- Beyonce: Blue Ivy Was Delivered Naturally, No C-Section
- Michael Ealy Dishes On Halle Berry “She’s Not A Crazy (Bitter Black) Woman” Because Of Bad Relationships
- Walgreens to Start Carrying Vibrators!
- What Was Oprah’s Gift to Jay-Z and Beyonce’s Baby…
- Four Reasons Common’s Beef With Drake Shouldn’t Have Gotten This Far
- NBA Baller Dwight Howard Reportedly Engaged!
- Poor Lil Tink Tink: Emmanuel Lewis’ House Foreclosed On!
- FEATURES: Two Ways to Control Who Can See Your Facebook Ticker
- Birdman On Labelmate Drake’s Beef With Common: ‘We’re Supporting Him 100%’
- Rick Santorum: President Obama’s Education Plans “Outrageous”, “Agenda Of Hubris”