The Canton woman raped, beaten, and set on fire, has died. The vicious attack happened this past weekend in Muskingum County. She has now been identified as Celeste Fronsman, 29.
Sheriffs deputies say Fronsman died at 2:22 p.m. Tuesday at Columbus University Hospital. An autopsy will be conducted and the investigation continues.
Police say a good Samaritan found the woman Sunday in Muskingum County on 208 near Zanesville. She was naked with a rope around her neck and with 4th degree burns all over her body.
“This was a very gruesome thing. I can’t imagine the pain this lady went through,” said Sheriff Matthew Lutz.
Police are still looking for the suspect, but they have found the pick up truck she was last seen in at the Canton McDonalds on Dueber Road.
Sheriff Lutz says he believes this was no random act of violence. “When you see something this brutal you always put in I guess a little extra effort into finding out what happened to this lady,” said Sheriff Matthew Lutz.
Article Courtesy of WOIO 19 Action News
Like WZAK on Facebook to stay on top of the latest celebrity news and gossip:
- Happy 54th Birthday Michael Jackson!
- ‘Fame’ to Return as Scripted Series from Nigel Lythgoe
- Tom Joyner News: Careless Smoking Cause of Tyler Perry Studio Fire!
- Tom Joyner News: Michelle Obama Shown as Partially Nude Slave on Cover of Spanish Mag
- Tom Joyner News: Let’s Talk About XXX with Zane New Book
LOCAL: Canton Woman Dies After Being Beaten, Raped and Set on Fire was originally published on wzakcleveland.com