*Lou Myers, the actor who played Mr. Vernon Gaines on the 80s show “A Different World” has died. He was 77.
Myers passed away Tuesday night in West Virginia at the Charleston Medical Center following a heart-related emergency, the president of his non-profit organization told TMZ.
Lou was hospitalized in December for pneumonia but released after New Year’s. He collapsed at home a few weeks later and was hospitalized again.
Lou’s heart stopped yesterday. Doctors were able to revive him, but he fell into a coma and passed just hours later.
And yes, his Wikipedia and IMDb pages are incorrect. We’re told he lied about his age. According to official records, Lou’s birthday was September 26, 1935. As one source put it, “You know how actors are.”
An autopsy has been scheduled to determine the official cause of death.
The late actor is survived by his son and his 95-year-old mother.
Myers, who was an Army veteran, will receive a military burial in West Virginia.
Check out this 2009 interview with Mr. Myers done in NYC after one his performances for children. Watching it, you come away with insight into his personality. He seemed like a very nice man. We wish the best to his family.
- Female Prison Guard Charged With Rape After Allegedly Getting Pregnant With Inmate’s Baby
- Brooklyn Homeless Man Sues Parents For Not Loving Him
- More Traffic Cameras For Cleveland Drivers!
- Ford Brings 450 Jobs To The BrookPark Plant!
- Lou Myers, Mr. Gaines On ‘A Different World,’ Dies
- Jesse Jackson Jr. Pleads Guilty In Campaign Case
- LOCAL: Power Companies Claims They’re Not Responsible on Girl Being Shocked
article courtesy of Eurweb.com
Actor Lou Myers From ‘A Different World’ Dies At 77 was originally published on praisecleveland.com