Recording artist/actress Jill Scott attends the Sixth Annual ESSENCE Black Women In Hollywood Awards Luncheon at the Beverly Hills Hotel on February 21, 2013 in Beverly Hills
A day after the announcement of Derek Luke in the CBS pilot “Second Sight,” producers have revealed that Jill Scott will join him in her first series gig since HBO’s “The No.1 Ladies’ Detective Agency.”
As previously reported, the show is described as a gothic psychological thriller about Ross Tanner (Jason Lee), the lead detective with the New Orleans Police Department who is hiding the fact that he has an ocular disorder that causes him to have horrifying hallucinations. He soon discovers that catching a killer depends as much on insight as eyesight.
Scott will play eye doctor Dr. Callier, the specialist who tends to Tanner’s ocular disease.
As reported, Luke will play Det. Paul Giroux, a new member of Tanner’s team, who is after Tanner’s job. Giroux is somewhat self-consciously hip, full of himself and consistently oversteps. He comes across as an eager-beaver know-it-all, trying to assert an authority that he hasn’t earned and doesn’t yet possess.
Scott recently co-starred in Lifetime’s “Steel Magnolias” and will next be seen in Fox Searchlight’s “Baggage Claim.” source
- Fantasia Performs ‘Lose To WIn’ Live [VIDEO]
- Brian McKnight – 4th of July [NEW MUSIC]
- Terrence Howard (‘Dead Man Down’) On Why He’s Good At Being Bad: [VIDEO]
- Tamar Braxton Signs With A New Label
- Mike Epps Live – Register to Win [Contest]
- Tom Joyner News: Justin Bieber Faints at Concert
- Starting University Of Akron Point Guard Having 5 Pounds Of Marijuana!
- Tom Joyner News: Man Who Sang Rob Base Melody ‘Joy and Pain’ Found Dead in South Carolina!
- Tom Joyner News: D’Angelo & More Perform at Prince Tribute!
- The Sexiest Thing You Can Eat On A Date
Jill Scott Joins Actor Derek Luke in New CBS Pilot was originally published on wzakcleveland.com