GARFIELD HEIGHTS, Ohio – The Strongsville teacher strike is now making news in another Cleveland suburb.
According to the North Eastern Ohio Education Association, someone threw a chunk of asphalt through its front main entrance doors in Garfield Heights between 5:30 p.m. and 7:15 p.m. Saturday, when the Strongsville BOE and SEA were supposed to be in a bargaining session.
The Strongsville Board of Education did not show up to the meeting.
According to Bill Lavezzi with NEOEA, the event turned ugly and that’s when an unknown person threw the chunk of asphalt through the front doors.
“We have never before experienced vandalism at our office in connection with area teacher strikes. Management and union representatives have met here comfortably and safely for years. However, we have heard reports of intimidation tactics being used against the Strongsville teachers, and we doubt that the timing of this incident was a coincidence” said Lavezzi.
WZAK Soul Legends - Then and Now
1. Luther Vandross - Never Too MuchSource: 1 of 12
2. Barry White - Can't Get Enough of Your Love BabeSource: 2 of 12
3. Gerald Levert - Baby Hold on To MeSource: 3 of 12
4. Chaka Khan - I Feel For YouSource: 4 of 12
5. Anita Baker - Sweet LoveSource: 5 of 12
6. Aretha Franklin - Chain of FoolsSource: 6 of 12
7. Maxwell - This Woman's WorkSource: 7 of 12
8. Kem - Love CallsSource: 8 of 12
9. Kelly Price - Friend of MineSource: 9 of 12
10. Faith Evans - Soon As I Get HomeSource: 10 of 12
LOCAL: Vandals Hit the North Eastern Ohio Education Association Building was originally published on wzakcleveland.com