CLEVELAND – The RTA bus driver caught on video punching a female bus passenger has been found guilty.
Artis Hughes changed his plea from not guilty to no contest in Shaker Heights Municipal Court Tuesday morning. The judge then ruled he was guilty of assault. A probation officer will be assigned to the case, then report back to the judge after an evaluation.
Hughes could face up to a $1,000 fine, six months in prison or five years probation. A judge has not set a sentencing date at this time.
Video that surfaced in October and then went viral shows the 59-year-old Hughes uppercutting 25-year-old woman Shi’dea Lane who allegedly refused to pay a fare, according to the police report.
The Best One-Hit Wonders [VIDEOS]
1. Johnny Kemp - Just Got PaidSource: 1 of 26
2. Sunshine Anderson - Heard it All BeforeSource: 2 of 26
3. Lisa Stansfield - Been Around The WorldSource: 3 of 26
4. Rockwell - Somebody's Watching MeSource: 4 of 26
5. Sylvia - Pillow TalkSource: 5 of 26
6. Rebbie Jackson - CentipedeSource: 6 of 26
7. Carl Douglas - Kung Fu FightingSource: 7 of 26
8. Brownstone - If You Love MeSource: 8 of 26
9. Van McCoy - HustleSource: 9 of 26
10. Shirley Brown - Woman to WomanSource: 10 of 26
11. Gwen McCrae - Rockin ChairSource: 11 of 26
12. Anita Ward - Ring My BellSource: 12 of 26
13. Junior - Mama Used To SaySource: 13 of 26
14. Shannon - Let The Music PlaySource: 14 of 26
15. Ollie and Jerry - There's No Stopping UsSource: 15 of 26
16. Shirley Murdock - As We LaySource: 16 of 26
17. The System - Don't Disturb This GrooveSource: 17 of 26
18. The Deele - Two OccasionsSource: 18 of 26
19. Sybil - Don't Make Me OverSource: 19 of 26
20. Suzanne Vega - Toms DinerSource: 20 of 26
LOCAL: RTA Driver Found Guilty by Judge for Uppercut Fight was originally published on wzakcleveland.com