According To AllHipHop
Kanye West and a few record labels are facing a new copyright/RICO lawsuit, over the continued usage of a 1974 sample.
Kanye is currently being sued by Trena Steward and Lorenzo Pryor, who are the owners of the copyright for the song “Bumpin’ Bus Stop.” The song was originally recorded by the siblings’ father, David Pryor of the music group Thunder & Lightning. The brother and sister are suing for millions of dollars in damages, saying Kanye illegally used a portion of the tune in his hit single “Gold Digger.” It doesn’t end their, record labels including Roc-a-Fella Records, Bad Boy Records, and The Island Def Jam Music Group are also being sued as well.
- $10 Million Lottery Winner Broke And Catching The Bus To Work!
- SHOCKING! Woman Shot Dead by 4-year-old Child
- 9-Year-Old Girl Hangs Herself After Telling Parents She Was Jealous Of Baby Brother
- Investigation Begins After Two Children Die In NC Collapse
- LOCAL: Indians Fans Get a Head Start in Celebrating the Home Opener
- SPORTS: Fun Facts to Know About Louisville vs. Michigan
Kanye West Sued For Millions Over Illegal Song Sampling was originally published on hot1079philly.com