They were civilians and contractors, just starting their day at a massive military compound that’s normally a bastion of safety.
About 3,000 people work at the Naval Sea Systems Command, and the Navy secretary said Monday it could take a full day before everyone is accounted for.
Jacqueline Alston hadn’t heard from her husband, Ernest, who is a custodial worker there.”Right now, I’m asking God to let me hear that voice, to let me see that man again.”
On Monday night, officials identified seven of the 12 victims killed:
• Michael Arnold, 59, of Lorton, Virginia;
• Sylvia Frasier, 53, of Waldorf, Maryland;
• Kathy Gaarde, 62, of Woodbridge, Virginia;
• John Roger Johnson, 73, of Derwood, Maryland;
• Frank Kohler, 50, of Tall Timbers, Maryland;
• Kenneth Bernard Proctor, 46, of Waldorf, Maryland;
• Vishnu Shalchendia Pandit, 61, of North Potomac, Maryland;
• Arthur Daniels, 51, of Southeast Washington, D.C.; pictured with his wife
• Mary Francis Knight, 51, of Reston, Virginia;
• Gerald L. Read, 58, of Alexandria, Virginia;
• Martin Bodrog, 54, of Annandale, Virginia;
• Richard Michael Ridgell, 52, of Westminster, Maryland.
CLICK HERE to read story
families of the six other victims were in the process of being notified. If you have any information about the gunman, Aaron Alexis, please call 202-727-9099.
Names Of 12 Victims Of Navy Yard Shooting Released was originally published on praisecleveland.com