They were civilians and contractors, just starting their day at a massive military compound that’s normally a bastion of safety.
But for reasons that may never be known, a former Navy reservistcut their lives short when he went on a shooting rampage at Washington’s Navy Yard on Monday. Twelve families were left anguished.
About 3,000 people work at the Naval Sea Systems Command, and the Navy secretary said Monday it could take a full day before everyone is accounted for.
Jacqueline Alston hadn’t heard from her husband, Ernest, who is a custodial worker there.”Right now, I’m asking God to let me hear that voice, to let me see that man again.”
On Monday night, officials identified seven of the 12 victims killed:
• Michael Arnold, 59, of Lorton, Virginia;
• Sylvia Frasier, 53, of Waldorf, Maryland;
• Kathy Gaarde, 62, of Woodbridge, Virginia;
• John Roger Johnson, 73, of Derwood, Maryland;
• Frank Kohler, 50, of Tall Timbers, Maryland;
• Kenneth Bernard Proctor, 46, of Waldorf, Maryland;
• Vishnu Shalchendia Pandit, 61, of North Potomac, Maryland;
• Arthur Daniels, 51, of Southeast Washington, D.C.; pictured with his wife
• Mary Francis Knight, 51, of Reston, Virginia;
• Gerald L. Read, 58, of Alexandria, Virginia;
• Martin Bodrog, 54, of Annandale, Virginia;
• Richard Michael Ridgell, 52, of Westminster, Maryland.
CLICK HERE to read story
article courtesy of CNN.com/GlobalGrind.com
families of the six other victims were in the process of being notified. If you have any information about the gunman, Aaron Alexis, please call 202-727-9099.
Names Of 12 Victims Of Navy Yard Shooting Released was originally published on praisecleveland.com
Common Plastic Surgery Complications and Errors with Dr. Nicholas Jones [AUDIO]
Submit A Black Owned Business For Buy Black Cleveland!
Meagan Good and Jonathan Majors May Be Hollywood’s Newest Couple [LISTEN]
Cleveland Browns Legend Jim Brown Has Passed Away
Who Are The Boot Girls of Buckhead? Atlanta’s Mysterious Booting Heroes
Special K’s ‘Unwelcome to Atlanta’: Stop Moving Here! [AUDIO]
“I Feel Homeless Without My Wife”: Tyrese Shares How The End Of His Marriage Has Impacted Him [LISTEN HERE]
2 Alligators Spotted Loose in Ohio, 1 Still Missing