In anticipation of the extreme cold weather that will stick with the area through next week, local gas companies are asking customers to conserve.
Dominion and Columbia Gas are asking that customers voluntarily turn down their thermostats and reduce gas usage as much as possible over the next few days.
According to Dominion, conserving will help keep down bills and keep natural gas supplies flowing to all customers.
Columbia Gas says that peak natural gas demand is anticipated on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Columbia provided the following tips to conserve and lower money on heating bills:
- Set thermostats as low as appropriate to maintain health and comfort.
- Dress in layers appropriate for the temperature setting.
- Limit use of natural gas appliances, especially during the early morning hours.
- Set water heater temperature to 120 degrees.
- Keep doors and windows closed as much as possible, including overhead garage doors.
CLICK HERE to read story
article courtesy of Fox8Cleveland.com
LOCAL NEWS Gas Customers Asked To Conserve, Turn Down The Heat was originally published on praisecleveland.com