If you’re like me, you’re anxiously awaiting some albums for the ages from the forerunners of faith-based music. But until then, here’s the definitive dime, my Top 10 new songs, for the dog days of summer to stream over and over again.
Text CLEVELAND to 23845 to join our text club to join our sister station 93.1 WZAK's text club be notified first of contests, breaking news and more in The LAND!
1. Tasha Cobbs / Great God – Tasha Cobbs-Leonard is back and bringing an extra serving of the Spirit. No doubt about it, the Princess Of Praise is pushing some serious high-praise on the new single, Great God…a track saturated with the aura of The Anointing, with Tasha taking you higher and higher. Take us to church, Tasha !
2. Ricky Dillard / I Survived It – When Ricky does his thing, it’s always radio gold, so get ready for power & praise from the Debutant of Dynamic Choral Praise. The new single, I Survived It, is Dillard serving up his signature sound spawned from the sanctuaries of Chicago. It’s part high praise, part celebration and fully sanctified. Dillard always delivers the goods that gets you jumpin’ for joy.
Source: Glenn Parson / Glenn Parson
3. James Fortune / Favor Of God – Quite honestly, you could pick any track from the new disc, Dear Future Me, and you got a dime but since Favor Of God gets extra downloads and streams in the digital world, I put this song at the top of the food chain. With the help of Zacardi Cortez on lead, James Fortune brings back that 90s sound, with the band on blast and the BGV’s singin’ for the cake.
4. Le’Andria Johnson / Bigger Than Me – The pastor Of Imperfect People just dropped a perfect gem worth a listen. Le’Andria’s Bigger Than Me is throwback fun, filled with grown folk music and the oral authority Le’Andria exudes. The song is a departure for the Grammy award winner, who has traditionally carried every balled with the sheer power of her voice. This track walks the tightrope between good music and great vocals.
5. Travis Greene / You Waited – The wait is finally over. On the heels of The Hills, Travis appeases his hungry fans with an astonishing new anthem called You Waited, a beautiful ballad giving adoration and acclamation to the One who’s waited with arms wide open. There’s something so earnest, honest and open about Travis, you always get whatever he’s giving and, in this case, it’s great music and a greater message.