According to NBC4i, Mayor Andrew Ginther officially announced Elaine Bryant is the new chief of the Columbus Division of Police.
Bryant appeared next to Ginther and Safety Director Ned Pettus at the announcement Wednesday.
With her mother looking on in the audience, Bryant said her 21-year career has been both rewarding and heartbreaking.
In her first address to CPD officers, Bryant said that establishing trust between police and community members is the first order of business under her leadership.
In a press release Mayor Ginther stated, “It is with great pride and enthusiasm that I announce Elaine Bryant as our City’s next chief of police,” said Mayor Ginther. “She is a transformational leader with sound judgment and considerable experience, an effective advocate for change whose actions are rooted in compassion, empathy and engagement with those whom she serves and leads. I am confident that she is the right leader at the right time for the City of Columbus.”
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- Video Shows NY Restaurant Deny Service To Family Claiming Religious Vaccine Exemptions
- As Aurora PD’s Racism Is Confirmed, Elijah McClain’s Mom Fears They’ll ‘Mess Up Again’
- Yung Bleu Talks Family, Cars, Music with Drake and The Moon Boy Tour
- Hot Spot: Should Lil Mo Forgive Fat Joe For Calling Her A Dusty B**ch Who Lives In A Crackhouse?
- Toni Braxton Gives Us Lewks In A Vibrant Christopher Rogers Dress
- Gary’s Tea: Gabrielle Union Finally Opens Up About Dwyane Wade’s “Break Baby” [WATCH]
- Justice for J6: Right-Wing Trump Supporters Still In Denial Of His Loss Rally For Treasonous Capitol Rioters
- Everybody Saw This Coming: CBS Revamps Tone-Deaf ‘Activist’ Reality TV Show Contest … Because, Duh
- Right-Wing Anti-Vaxxers Embracing Nicki Minaj Is The 2021 Plot Twist No One Saw Coming
- Texas Voting Law Shows How The GOP Has Depended On Racism To Keep White People In Power
Mayor Ginther Appoints Columbus First Black Female Police Chief was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com