A day of fun turned to tragedy as a woman who lost consciousness aboard a roller coaster at an Indiana theme park later died at a hospital.
The tragic scene unfolded on a Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari roller coaster Friday (June 4). The Indiana amusement and water park said an emergency crew arrived at the Voyage coaster three minutes after 47-year-old Dawn R. Jankovic, of Brunswick, Ohio, was discovered in her seat at the conclusion of the ride.
In a report by Fox8, Dubois County Coroner Katie Schuck said Jankovic died later that evening at a hospital in Jasper, Indiana.
On the Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari Facebook page, a statement was posted about the incident.
“A full inspection of the roller coaster has been performed, and it was determined that the ride operated as it was intended to.” The statement read. “The ride remained closed for the evening out of respect for the family. Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari officials ask for your thoughts and prayers for the Guest and her family, as well as for Team Members who were onsite.”
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- DaBaby Becomes Da Designer: DaBaby Announces His Limited Edition Collection With Boohoo Man
- Rihanna Wears A Vintage Christian Dior Slip Dress For Date Night With Boyfriend A$AP Rocky
- Cleveland Police Officer Faces Rape Allegations From Second Accuser
- Lizzo Debuts A New Haircut And She Is NOT Impressed With It
- Capitol Police Arrest 79-Year-Old Jesse Jackson For Protesting Senate Republicans’ Filibuster
- Fans Are Looking At Tiffany Haddish Sideways For Sharing Her Perspective On Wearing Bonnets In Public
- Ahead Of Derek Chauvin’s Sentencing, Prison Experts Predict Ex-Cop Will Be Killed Behind Bars
- The Undressing Room Presented By Macy’s – Episode 21 “Girl, Leave Him”
- Indiana Grandmother Sentenced To Probation In Capitol Attack After White Tears Helped Her Avoid Jail Time
- LOCAL NEWS: Swensons Has Announced an Opening Date For Its Willoughby Location!