Recently I was listening to my boyfriend and his friends discuss the reasons why some of them prefer White women over Black women. Many of their reasons were purely based on superficial factors, which bothered me. It is one thing to date someone because you like them as a person and could care less about their skin color which is perfectly fine. It is another thing to purposely seek a particular race for frivolous reasoning. I know that this topic has been discussed over and over but I do not think that it has ever been looked at via a more superficial eye. Note this is an assessment that I have had over the years. It seems to be more than preference for some men. It is deeper than just who they are attracted to. For some men, their reasoning is depth-less and completely shallow. Sad but true. Note that this does not apply to all Black men who date White women. ( I can’t emphasize this anymore) For some it is purely about the person and their preferences are color less which is acceptable. Then there are those who have these reasons:
1. Pretty Babies
Some people are under the illusion that mixed babies are prettier than Black babies. So, in order to for them to have an attractive, “good haired” child, they need to pro-create with someone of another race. They may also feel that bi-racial children have better opportunities or are treated better by society as a whole.
There is Nothing like a good haired high yellow baby!
2. Ego Stroke
For some Black men, there is nothing like having a White woman on their arms. It makes them feel warm inside. A White woman on their arms makes them feel as if they have accomplished something in life. It makes them feel special or like a “big man” because a White women wanted them.
It confirms their attractiveness.
Sometimes it also impresses their friends which is an added bonus. Dating an exotic looking women a’ la Kim Kardashian also has similar affects. The media also assists in creating the illusion that White women are the iconic image of beauty. Which further assists in the attraction.
Scroll below for more.
AM BUZZ: Kim Kardashian Dated Who? Chris & Rihanna To Duet As Couple
1. Chris Brown Wants To Duet With Rihanna At Grammys!1 of 4
2. Jennifer Williams Has A New Boo!2 of 4
3. Kim Kardashian Used To Date Usher?3 of 4
4. TLC’s ‘Starter Wives Confidential’ Set To Premiere January 29thSource:TLC – Discovery Communications 4 of 4
They fall for the stereotype that Black women have nasty dispositions and are always angry so they decide that is brighter on the other side. For some reason, some Black men feel that no other woman in the world has a feisty attitude. Or they may have had experiences dating Black women that were negative in the past and hold on to those experiences and let that be the deciding factor for dating all Black women. Instead of taking it on an individual basis.
4. Self Hate And Other Self Esteem Issues
Some Black men have esteem issues where they subconsciously dislike being Black and therefore purposely seek White women only because on some levels it separates them from their own race.
It helps them deal with their own self hate issues with skin complexion and color.
5. White Women Are Stereotyped To Be More Sexual
Some Black men are under the impression that White women are more sexually adventurous than Black women. They feel that a White women will do things in the bed that most Black women will not. The White woman is the one that will fulfill all of his fantasies without complaint and make it her business to be his little sex freak and keep him happy. While, they assume that a Black woman will be more sexually selfish and unwilling to be as sexually open. Which is far from the truth. Every women has her own individual sexual appetite and which has more to do with her personally than her race.
- LISARAYE MCCOY GETS ENGAGED: “I’M READY!
- El Debarge Locked Up For Window-Busting Wrench Attack
- InstaBuzz: 5 Encouraging Instagram Posts You Need To Read
- ‘Wings of Angels, Arms of God…’: Design of Memorial for Emanuel AME Shooting Victims Unveiled
- Hillsong Worship Releases “There Is More: Studio Sessions” EP
- Faith Walking: “Go Somewhere New”
- Erica Campbell Talks About How The Power Rangers Illustrated A Mighty Message In Church
- LOCAL NEWS: Hue Jackson, Salvation Army Team Up To Give Safe Space For Survivors Of Human Trafficking
- Jonathan McReynolds Announces Dates For Fall Tour – Tickets On Sale Now!
- Ericaism: “God Did It For Me, He’ll Do It For You”