What exactly do you look for in a man? Do you simply look at external aesthetics- that is, a chiseled chest, bulging biceps and triceps, great smile, etc? Or, do you place more emphasis on character? When external aesthetics fade away with the brevity of time, it is a man’s character that will sustain a healthy, long-term relationship.
If you are in a relationship, it is important to spend some time to discern whether your man has good character before progressing to a one-flesh union. Although the following list is not all-inclusive, it does represent some of the important character traits that women should look for in a prospective spouse:
1. Dedicated. It is absolutely essential to discern whether a prospective spouse is a dedicated and a committed man. Does he continually exhibit the willingness and dedication to continually improve your relationship? Oftentimes, marriages and relationships fall by the way side because of a lack of or lukewarm commitment by one or both partners.
2. Content. Does your mate consistently complain and grumble and display discontentment? It is very important to find a man who is not only content with what he has but also with your relationship. Relative to your relationship, a lack of contentment can certainly lead to your man jumping the fence to seek the greener grass (i.e., the lust interest who appears to be everything that he needs).
3. Diligent. Does your man continually exhibit slothfulness and sluggardness? It is imperative that your prospective spouse shows a sense of diligence and fervency relative to his job, as well as other responsibilities and tasks. Laziness will inevitably result in problems in a long-term relationship.
4. Prudent. Does your man frequently disregard constructive criticism? Is he quick to anger? A man who continually seeks wisdom and knowledge, defers anger, and is teachable should certainly prove to be an excellent mate.
Read more here from MadameNoire.com
- John Legend Performs at Extreme Makeover: Home Edition Cleveland Finale [VIDEO]
- Before and After: Extreme Makeover in Cleveland
- “Lord Help Us” Transvestites Charged With Rape For Tricking Boy Into Having Sex #216
- Meet The Cleveland Family of ‘Extreme Makeover: Home Edition’
- “Lord Help Us” Police ID Body Of Teen Girl Found In Trash Can
- Did Keri Hilson’s & Raheem DeVaughn’s Videos Go Too Far? You Be The Judge
- 216 Extreme Makeover: Rapper Xzibit Goes From Pimping Cars To Pimping Houses
- Aretha Franklin Recovering From Surgery
- Facebook Cartoon Pictures Craze Overtakes The Net
- LeBron James Shows Up in Full Swag: Drops the Bomb on Cleveland
Mississippi Cops Beat, Waterboarded Handcuffed Black Men, Shot 1 For ‘Dating White Women’: Lawyers
Autopsy Report Suggests Rasheem Carter Was Lynched, But Mississippi Cops Say No ‘Foul Play’
The Rickey Smiley Morning Show Reacts To Chris Rock Standup [WATCH]
College Grad Gets 30-Year Prison Sentence Right After Finishing School
Mom busted for putting booze in her baby's bottle
Submit A Black Owned Business For Buy Black Cleveland!
Kevin McCarthy Appears To Claim ‘Nobody Was Arrested’ During BLM Protests Like Jan. 6. Rioters
Actor Carl Payne’s Wife Melika Files for Divorce