You’ve thought about it… a few times to be honest. But have you ever actually attempted to have sex like a man? Let me rephrase. It’s unfair to assume all men have the same thoughts and behaviors when it comes to sex. I mean could you have sex with multiple partners with no commitment? This very question was addressed on the first episode of the ever-popular HBO hit “Sex and the City”
Carrie, Miranda, Charlotte, Samantha — my go-to girlfriends from Sex and the City answered basically every relationship question out there. From June, 1998 – February, 2004, these cherished heroines were at once approachable, smart, hilarious, insightful, brutally honest and self-effacing. Sure, the Prada bags and Jimmy Choos are fun to see, but the fashion was merely an appealing aesthetic serving as a delivery platform for ground-breaking discussions about sex, commitment, friendship and love.
True confession: I was a hipper psychotherapist when they were around. Why? Week after week, their fresh new material on everything from masturbation to marriage was relevant to the very issues my therapy clients face. Since I specialize in relationships and intimacy, the show became an ideal co-therapist that I brought into the therapy session whenever appropriate.
I recently began re-watching season one and was struck by how much the dating world has changed. Forget about ipads and iphones; only a couple of random season one characters even have cell phones, and the few they have look oversized and embarrassing. No blackberries, no internet references, no Facebook, noTwitter. At the same time, it is surprising how much remains the same. So much has evolved technologically, and yet the very first episode asks the current, ever-relevant question, “Can Women Have Sex Like Men?“
This appealing and psychologically interesting question is as relevant today as it was when the first SATC episode aired.
Click here to read on
Most Popular Articles
- Queen Latifah’s Girlfriend Will Take Her Back If She Kicks Her Nasty Habits
- Meet Lauren London’s & Lil Wayne’s Baby [PHOTO]
- Da Brat Gets a Sexy, Stylish Makeover for Vibe [PHOTOS]
- Keyshia Cole Explains Why She Missed BFF Monica’s Wedding
- R. Kelly Has Emergency Surgery
- Basketball Wives: The Smackdown in Italy [VIDEO]
- Alicia Keys & Baby Egypt Cool Off In The Pool [PHOTOS]
- Dwight Eubanks Leaves RHOA
- “Tia & Tamera” Reality Show Sneak Peek & Promo Pics [VIDEO]
- Keri Hilson Attacked By Amy Winehouse Fans On Twitter
- [ione-gallery id=”360677″ src=”https://theurbandaily.com”%5D