via BBC News
The Republicans have decided to delay by a day discussions at their national convention in Florida because of the approach of Tropical Storm Isaac.
The gathering would convene on Monday but then be immediately postponed until Tuesday, the National Committee chairman Reince Priebus announced.
The meeting in Tampa will formally nominate Mitt Romney as presidential candidate to challenge Barack Obama.
US forecasters predict that Isaac could hit Florida on Sunday.
A storm warning has been issued for the state’s coast extending to the north of Tampa, and Isaac is expected “to be at or near hurricane strength when it reaches the Florida Keys”, the Miami-based US National Hurricane Center (NHC) warns.
Officials have organized shelters and urged holiday-makers to leave the Florida Keys.
The storm is now located 340 miles east-southeast of Key West in Florida, moving north-west at 17mph.
Read Full Story
Article courtesy bbc.co.uk
Like NewsTalk on Facebook to stay on top of your Black America News:
- NYC Parks Worker Finds Artist’s Wedding Ring, Gets Repaid With Free Art Lessons
- Man Allegedly Poses As Doc, Treats 500 Patients Over 6 Month Period
- Navy Week Anchors In Cleveland !
- Man Robs Cleveland Heights Gas Station Leaves ID Behind!
- Do Cubans Get Better Health Care Than Americans?
- Samsung To Fight $1 Billion Court Ruling In Apple Patent Dispute
- Tropical Storm Isaac Delays Republican National Convention
2024 Urban One Honors Celebrates the BEST IN BLACK! ✨
Black Music Month Co-Founder Dyana Williams Remembers The Creation Of The National Commemoration
Black Ministers Refuse To Endorse Trump EXCEPT For This Cleveland Pastor…. [VIDEO]
Report: Minor Earthquake In Northeast Ohio
Northeast Ohio Pastor Honored In Oakwood Village
Kelly Loeffler Of KKK Selfie Fame Whitesplains Fani Willis, Nathan Wade Relationship In Trump-Loving Op-Ed
Missing 5 Year Old Amber Alert Victim Feared To Be Dead
US Marshals Arrest 135 Major Gang Members & Fugitives In Akron