Giant Eagle, one of Ohio’s largest grocery retail chains, will reportedly stop selling bottled water sourced near the East Palestine train wreck.
A few weeks ago a train derailed East Palestine, forcing toxic chemicals into the air, soil, and water. Giant Eagle uses a factory in Salineville, about 25 miles from East Palestine, to fill gallons of water they sell in their Giant Eagle, GetGo, and Market District stores.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
Via FOX 8…
While the water used is reportedly from a nearby spring that’s at a higher elevation than East Palestine, the company said they didn’t want to take chances.
“Out of an abundance of caution,” the company said in a statement. “Giant Eagle has made the decision to remove all gallon-size-or-greater Giant Eagle brand spring water product sourced from the Salineville facility from our store shelves until further notice while we continue to evaluate ongoing testing and potential impacts to the spring source.”
To finish this report from FOX 8, [click here].
Do you drink Giant Eagle bottled water? Will you be switching to another brand for the time being?
- Moms For Liberty Founder Is Wife Of Florida Republican Accused Of Rape, Claims Threesome Was Consensual
- Northeast Ohio Pastor Honored In Oakwood Village
- Usher Gets Emotional During Final Las Vegas Residency Show
- Sha’Carri Richardson Honored At 2023 USATF Awards: ‘Everything Happens When It’s Supposed To Happen’
- Report: Minor Earthquake In Northeast Ohio
- Guy Philippe, Haitian Coup Leader & Drug Trafficker, Deported
- Sandra Day O’Connor, First Woman to Serve on Supreme Court, Has Died
- MSNBC Axes Mehdi Hasan In Lineup Change, Preps ‘The Weekend’ With Symone Sanders & More
- Kevin Hart & Chris Rock Star In New ‘Headliners Only’ Doc On Netflix
- Rep. Lauren Boebert Shares Selfie With Dave Chappelle Featuring Transphobic Jab
Giant Eagle Stops Selling Water Sourced Near East Palestine Train Wreck was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
More Than 1000 Kids Reported Missing In Ohio This Year, Per Report
White Man Carrying Rifle Through Black Neighborhood Confronted By Black Business Owner
Teens Charged For Public Square Shooting In Cleveland
Mississippi Welfare Scandal: Brett Favre’s Defamation Lawsuit Against Shannon Sharpe Dismissed
Krayzie Bone Update: Another Surgery Needed For Cleveland Legend
Ludacris Stars in New Disney Christmas Classic ‘Dashing Through The Snow’ [WATCH]
5 Children Shot, 1 Killed, In Ohio Drive-By Shooting
Roland Martin Breaks Down Black Support For Trump, Says “Day Is Over” For Relief Checks