Two students at an Ohio elementary school found themselves sick recently after eating marijuana-filled gummy edibles on school grounds.
Fairwood Elementary school, in Columbus, says that one of their students shared the marijuana gummies with another student, and they both became ill. The school nurse recommended the students go to the hospital while their parents were notified of the events.
According to FOX 8, the school notified all of the parents. They also recommended to them that students shouldn’t bring inappropriate substances from their parents, or any other adults, to the school.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
From FOX 8:
A similar incident happened last April at an Upper Arlington elementary school, in which a 10-year-old student shared marijuana gummies she believed to be Easter candy with five students. The father of that student was eventually charged and sentenced to a fine and probation.
To see the entire report from FOX 8, [click here].
The parents of the child could potentially face issues with law enforcement that could include heft fines. We’ll keep you updated, check back for new developments to this story.
RELATED: Here’s What You Should Know About the New, Deadly Fungus in Ohio
RELATED: The New Michael Jordan Film Has a Connection to Ohio
RELATED: Ohio Pursues Lawsuit Against Norfolk Southern
Ohio Elementary School Students Sick After Eating Gummy ‘Edibles’ was originally published on wzakcleveland.com
2 Alligators Spotted Loose in Ohio, 1 Still Missing
Meagan Good and Jonathan Majors May Be Hollywood’s Newest Couple [LISTEN]
Special K’s ‘Unwelcome to Atlanta’: Stop Moving Here! [AUDIO]
Submit A Black Owned Business For Buy Black Cleveland!
Father of 4 dies in SouthPark construction site fire, records his last moments on Facebook Live
Cleveland Browns Legend Jim Brown Has Passed Away
“I Feel Homeless Without My Wife”: Tyrese Shares How The End Of His Marriage Has Impacted Him [LISTEN HERE]
61-Year-Old Cleveland Woman Shot Dead Over Eviction Argument