My parents are health nuts. They are two loving, caring parents, but they are constantly in the process of reminding me how to maintain a healthy diet, mindset, and lifestyle. Over the years they have mailed me numerous health related pamphlets, articles, and quick-lists. Even though much of the information seems redundant, I usually read through it all anyway.
So here is my attempt to simplify the information that every general health article ever written states by delivering the info in 5 clear bullet points:
- Eat Nutritious Food – Most of us know what is and is not nutritious for our bodies. We also know that what tastes good is not always what we should be stuffing our faces with. The old adage “you are what you eat” could not be any closer to the truth. If you ignore this step, the rest of the steps on this list will be a waste of your time.
- Exercise Regularly – Most health professionals seem to think that about 30 minutes of exercise everyday is enough to fulfill this requirement. The #1 suggested form of exercise is a 30 minute brisk walk outdoors.
- Do Not Smoke – This should be obvious, yet 1 out of every 5 people still smokes cigarettes on a regular basis. Don’t smoke, and avoid being around smokers while they smoke.
- Nurture Your Relationships – Personal relationships are essential to general contentment and satisfaction in life. Regular interaction with close friends and family is regarded by many mental health professionals as the #1 source of happiness in a human being’s life.
- Manage Stress – Stress comes in many forms, so make sure you are aware of any personal stress factors that are sitting in the back of your mind. Don’t put off a task that is stressing you out. Instead, address the problem head on and resolve it ASAP.
If you enjoyed this article, please subscribe to our RSS feed.
Most Popular Articles
- BREAKING NEWS: Rick Ross Has A Seizure, Currently Unconscious [UPDATE]
- Bow Wow Ft. Lil Wayne “Sweat” [NEW MUSIC]
- Another Reason Why Beyonce May Be Faking Her Pregnancy
- Beyonce Baby Bump Watch [PHOTOS]
- Wendy Williams On Why Beyonce’s Pregnancy Could Be A Conspiracy [VIDEO]
- Newly Signed Bad Boy Artist Machine Gun Kelly Trashes P Diddy’s Crib [AUDIO]
- Australian TV To Show Different Angles Of Beyonce’s “Fake Baby Bump”
- NEW MUSIC: TI “Ballin In Paris” Remix! [AUDIO]
- ¿¡Quien Lo Sabia?!: Celebrities You Didn’t Know Were Hispanic
- EXCLUSIVE: Adina Howard’s Wedding Story: “Freak Like Me” To Wife! [PHOTOS]
RIP Greg Gunn: White Ex-Alabama Cop Who Killed Unarmed Black Man Granted Early Release From Prison
Northeast Ohio Pastor Honored In Oakwood Village
Black Ministers Refuse To Endorse Trump EXCEPT For This Cleveland Pastor…. [VIDEO]
Missing 5 Year Old Amber Alert Victim Feared To Be Dead
2024 Urban One Honors Celebrates the BEST IN BLACK! ✨
Kelly Loeffler Of KKK Selfie Fame Whitesplains Fani Willis, Nathan Wade Relationship In Trump-Loving Op-Ed
Black Music Month Co-Founder Dyana Williams Remembers The Creation Of The National Commemoration
Report: Minor Earthquake In Northeast Ohio