GQ has named rap mogul Jay Z one of the magazine’s four Men of the Year. Jay Z shares the 4-cover December 2011 issue with Justin Timberlake, Michael Fassbender, Mila Kunis and Jimmy Fallon.
In the article (which you can read here) Jay-Z talks about Kanye obsessing over microdetails during the recording of their Watch The Throne album:
“I think he just can¹t help himself,” Jay says. “He puts so much into everything, and he’s like, ‘You have to treat it like I treat it. It drives you crazy sometimes like when you’ve put seventy-five versions of a snare on one song and he’s like, ‘No!’ and you’re like, ‘Come on, man.’”
On Beyonce’s decision to announce their [adopted] baby at this year’s MTV Video Music Awards, he said, “It was actually Bey who wanted to [announce] it. You want to be in control of your life.”
In the article, Jay Z showed that his mind never wanders far from exploiting his personal life for press coverage:
When asked if he¹ll be putting a car seat in the Maybach, he said “Wouldn’t that be great?,” he smiles. “That would be a great picture.”
Most Popular Articles
- Toni Braxton Talks Dating Terrence J: “He Doesn’t Have No Money!” [VIDEO]
- GUESS Which Reality Star Got Married In THIS Wedding Dress Today?
- Chrissy & Jim Jones SHUT DOWN Q’s About Marriage & Yandy At “Love & Hip Hop” Season 2 NYC Dinner!!
- Nicki Minaj Goes on Verbal Tirade in Salon
- BREAKING NEWS: Erick Sermon of EPMD has a Heart Attack!
- Drake Talks Jay-Z, Lil Wayne Feud, Controlling Own Destiny!
- Wiz Khalifa Surprises Amber Rose For Her Birthday [Video]
- Win It Before It Hits Stores: Drake ‘Take Care’ Album Digital Download [CONTEST]
- T.I. Talks About His Reality Show & Tribute To Heavy D [EXCLUSIVE]
- Diddy, Mary J., & Wayans Bros. Invited to Heavy D’s Ultra Private Funeral