In a still developing story, Cleveland authorities are investigating a late night shooting that left seven people hurt. WKYC spoke with Emergency Medical Services and confirmed that the incident happened Sunday (June 6) in the area of Woodbridge Avenue and Fulton Road.
EMS said two of the six victims transported to an area hospital were in critical condition. A seventh person who was shot refused to be taken to the hospital.
The shooting marks another violent incident involving gunfire across the state since the start of the month. On June 2, authorities responded to a “shots fired” call at a home in Springfield, Ohio.
Upon arriving to the scene, Lt. Randall Ballentine of the Springfield Police Department said their officer found multiple people shot. According to a report by CNN, one victim was transported by CareFlight to Miami Valley Hospital. Two individuals were taken into custody.
Another five shooting victims were taken to Springfield Regional Medical Center. Their conditions were not made available. The Gun Violence Archive lists the Wednesday morning incident as the 243rd mass shooting in 2021.
Gov. Mike DeWine said the shooting represents a growing trend throughout Ohio.
“What happened early this morning in Springfield is a tragedy, DeWine said. “In Springfield, gun violence there continues but it is not unique to Springfield. We see this in cities across our state.”
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- LOCAL NEWS: Tevin Biles-Thomas Acquitted in Triple Homicide Case Before a Family Member Went After Him
- Remembering Obama’s ‘Death Stare’ At Putin As Biden Meets With Russian President
- LOCAL NEWS: Arthur Treacher’s in Garfield Heights Shuts Down Operations
- Supermodel Precious Lee Is Serving BAWDY in i-D Magazine’s Summer Issue
- Pooh Sheisty’s Alleged Shooting Victim Changes Mind About Pressing Charges
- Echoes Of Breonna Taylor’s Death In Fatal Police Shooting Of Georgia Man
- Trippie Redd’s Nationwide “Tripp At Knight” Tour Kicks Off August 25
- Simone Biles Gives Us Style And Grace As The June Cover Girl Of Glamour Magazine
- Corinne Foxx On Feeling Sexy When She Gets Older: “I Don’t Think There’s An Age To That”
- Chrisette Michele Launches Her Own Clothing Line “Moody By Chrisette Michele”