In a still developing story, Cleveland authorities are investigating a late night shooting that left seven people hurt. WKYC spoke with Emergency Medical Services and confirmed that the incident happened Sunday (June 6) in the area of Woodbridge Avenue and Fulton Road.
EMS said two of the six victims transported to an area hospital were in critical condition. A seventh person who was shot refused to be taken to the hospital.
The shooting marks another violent incident involving gunfire across the state since the start of the month. On June 2, authorities responded to a “shots fired” call at a home in Springfield, Ohio.
Upon arriving to the scene, Lt. Randall Ballentine of the Springfield Police Department said their officer found multiple people shot. According to a report by CNN, one victim was transported by CareFlight to Miami Valley Hospital. Two individuals were taken into custody.
Another five shooting victims were taken to Springfield Regional Medical Center. Their conditions were not made available. The Gun Violence Archive lists the Wednesday morning incident as the 243rd mass shooting in 2021.
Gov. Mike DeWine said the shooting represents a growing trend throughout Ohio.
“What happened early this morning in Springfield is a tragedy, DeWine said. “In Springfield, gun violence there continues but it is not unique to Springfield. We see this in cities across our state.”
- Celebrate Black Music Month With Newstalk Cleveland!
- Enter To Win A Trip To The National Museum of African American Music!
- The Rickey Smiley Morning Show
- R. Kelly Gets Longer Sentence Than Ghislaine Maxwell After Separate Sex Trafficking Convictions
- Cardi B Flexes In Archive Mugler And Her Birthday Suit For The Gram
- Supreme Court Reinstates Louisiana Voting Map Deemed Racist By Federal Judge
- Hot Spot: Why Is P-Valley’s Sex Scene Getting Backlash? [WATCH]
- Gary’s Tea: It’s Gary’s Birthday! + Why Is Drake Ignoring His Fans? [WATCH]
- When Will Ketanji Brown Jackson Be Sworn In As U.S. Supreme Court Justice?
- Clarence Thomas’ Wife Wants ‘Better Justification’ For Testifying Before Jan. 6 Committee, Her Lawyer Says
- Jail Justice? Nipsey Hussle’s Accused Murderer Got Slashed, ‘Beaten’ Behind Bars, Lawyer Says
- Lori Harvey Reveals She’s In ‘A Really Good Space’ And Excited About The Summer
- Wendy Williams Opens Up About Her Battle With Lymphedema And Discusses Plans For A Podcast