Legendary rapper-producer Erick Sermon, 42, is recovering in a hospital after suffering a heart attack last week.
News of the EPMD star’s hospitalization broke over the weekend when the group’s longtime collaborator DJ Scratch tweeted, “Erick Sermon had a heart attack… He’s ok, but still send your prayers.”
Sermon, listed in stable condition at press time, has since assured fans he is doing well, and is expected to be released from the hospital later this week.
“I’m good! I got two more tests on Monday and Tuesday then I’m home hopefully on Wednesday,” he tells GlobalGrind.com.
Before embarking on his successful solo career, Sermon scored several hits–including 1987’s “It’s My Thing,”–with Parrish Smith as part of EPMD (Erick and Parrish Making Dollars). His first solo album “No Pressure” was released in 1993.
Most Popular Articles
- Meek Mill Gets Tattoo On Chest…But It’s Spelled Wrong #FAIL
- VIDEO: Mistress Attacks Pastor During Sermon!
- – Rumored NICKI MINAJ And DRAKE SEXTAPE!! (Warning EXTREMELY GRAPHIC CONTENT)
- Drake Goes Off on Social Media After #TakeCareComesWith Insults! [PHOTOS]
- RIP: Hip Hop Legend Heavy D Has Died at 44!
- Draya Wants You To Pray For Her & Her Sex Tape
- Amber Rose Shows Off New Hairstyle At “Master Of The Mix” Premiere [PHOTOS]
- Video: R.I.P. Heavy D…Last Interview Before Passing At The Young Age Of 44
- L.A. Basketball Wife Draya’s Secret Sextape!
- Trina Works The Strip Pole For New Video “Red Bottoms” [PHOTOS]