The state has agreed to pay $3.5 million to the mother of a 15-year-old Bronx boy, who was violently restrained by prison workers until he stopped breathing, court papers show.
Darryl Thompson died in Nov. 2006 after two prison youth division aides restrained him at the now-shuttered Tryon Boys Residential Center in Fulton County, NY.
The restraints were tightened to the point that Thompson couldn’t breathe — but prison workers ignored his desperate pleas for help, the lawsuit said. He died a short time later.
A medical examiner ruled Thompson’s death a homicide, but an upstate grand jury voted not to indict the state employees.
Thompson’s mother, Anntwanisha, of the Bronx, will receive about $2.3 million after legal fees. A judge signed off on the federal court settlement last week.
E. Robert Keach III, the lawyer for Thompson’s family, said money offered little solace.
“No amount of money will bring this young man back to life,” Keach wrote in court papers.
To buy your tickets to Z1079 WHITE OUT CONCERT click?here!
GET YOUR Z POINTS UP TO WIN WHITE OUT TIX. ALSO TEXT ‘WO’ TO ’7700′ FOR DETAILS ST8 TO YOUR PHONE…THE WHITE OUT IS ON ITS WAY……….. SO GET READY!!!
Most Popular Articles
- Matt Breaks His Silence on Gloria’s Split: Claims She “Smashed the Homie”
- Chris Brown Temporarily Says Goodbye to Twitter Over Rihanna
- Lauren London Pregnant By The Dream?!
- Basketball Wives Miami Adds 2 New Cast Members!
- VIDEO: Rocsi Talks About Being Sexually Harassed By Lil Webbie
- Nicki Minaj & Cher Twitter Beef!
- Fight! Fight! Reality TV Gets Even Real’er!
- Rocsi of 106 & Park Finally Speaks Out About Webbie Harrassing Her! [VIDEO]
- Beyonce, 6 Months Pregnant In “Countdown” Video
- SMH! Los Angeles Rapper Murders Rival Rapper….Over Twitter! [VIDEO]